Staff member
Horde Leader
Admin
Horde Soldier
Site Tester
Nov 8, 2020
Awards
writinghomerpg.com
Good Morning, Everyone (at least from the West Coast of the USA).

This is a quick reminder about the rules when it comes to Bumping threads, as it has been addressed a few times privately with users but seems to often be forgotten by our members.

This rule is mentioned in the first part of the Site Content Rule thread under the 'No Spam!' rule.

● Do not constantly bump your thread if it's still on the front page of the forum, it is considered spam.
Bumping helps keep your thread in view on the main page of the forum it's posted in. By waiting for it to go off the first page to bump allows all users to circulate the page. Flooding a thread with bumps stops this circulation and makes it unfair for other users who may not have as much time to bump as constantly as others.

If you'd like to 'bump' in order to have it shown on the side bar, consider editing the thread and posting an update as a post instead of a bump, or write an update about your availability, etc. Purely writing Bump when it's clear you have not yet fallen off the main thread since your last is considered Spam. Most forums are, sadly, still small and only have one page.

While it's unlikely we'll get too heavy handed with this rule, in the punishment sense (unless you're obviously ignoring us), users following this rule keeps us from having to put time limits on how often you can bump as some other sites do. We understand why they may do this to avoid people bumping in a way that disrupts the flow of the forum. However, we also understand that, in time, forums can move really fast, and we'd hate to put that restriction on our users if it can be helped.

So, to help us avoid having to enact limitations, please remember to only bump your thread when you're off the page or to post an update about an edit to the thread or your current status of searching. Remember, however, that if you just post "Still searching' every couple days while still on the first page, that too will be considered spam. Try to ensure what you're writing has to do with something relevant.

Examples:
"I was gone a few days, but I'm back now and still looking to roleplay."
"I edited plot number 3."
"I added a new pairing."
Etc.

If you've previously broken this rule, don't worry. As mentioned, unless it's obvious you're ignoring said rule, we won't be punishing users for forgetting.
We just want our users to follow the rule to avoid having to set the restrictions mentioned above.

If a mod or admin sees bumping when there is only 1 page, the posts may be deleted (the bump, not the thread). If the action is repeated, we will send them a reminder of the rules personally.

While we know that, to some, this may seem like a strange rule, it is to be fair to all users to circulate the first page of the forum to ensure everyone has a chance at finding partners in the long run. We hope you can understand why this rule is enacted and help us keep the site running smoothly and fairly to avoid unneeded restrictions in the future as we grow.

Thank you all!
Have a wonderful day!