Horde Leader
Admin
Horde Soldier
Site Tester
Nov 8, 2020
Awards
writinghomerpg.com
Hello, Everyone.

This post is a reminder about the rules concerning the posting of Fandoms as well as the posting in Gender Irrelevant.

First, know that we are not attempting to call anyone out. We have seen a repeat behavior over time from new and current users, so we'd like to address this issue in an announcement to be able to better direct new users in the future (and to remind current users who may use these threads in the future).

Fandoms:

When posting fandoms, there are two ways this can be done depending on whether or not you are solely seeking fandoms or if fandoms are just an added bonus, so to speak.

• If you have a thread focusing on Fandoms, it MUST go in the Fandom Forum, where you can dictate if you're a gender looking for a specific gender using the prefixes.
  • If your thread has both original plots AND fandoms, where there are more originals than fandoms, you can post them in the same thread in a gender for gender thread.
    • However, if you combine them both in one thread, you must have fandoms BELOW your originals as they can only be your thread's focus in the fandom forum.
  • If you have more fandoms than originals or are currently only craving the fandoms in your thread, you must break up the thread into two separate ones.
    • This means, you post your fandoms in the Fandom Forum and you post your originals in the Gender for Gender / Gender Irrelevant section.
We understand this may seem like a weird rule, but there is a reason.

While many people enjoy fandoms, just as many, if not more, do not.
By ensuring we separate them, it makes it easier for users to migrate threads to find people who are interested in the same things that they are.
If someone wants to roleplay a fandom, they can easily find them in the Fandom Forum.
If someone wants to avoid them, they can stay out of the Fandom Forum and ignore the smaller fandom sections in someone's Gender for Gender / Gender Irrelevant thread.

You will never be in trouble for forgetting this rule (unless repeating it despite being reminded multiple times). However, you will be contacted and informed of what changes need to be made to ensure threads are in the correct area.

Gender Irrelevant:

People often mistake what our Gender for Gender and Gender Irrelevant means.

When you see Male for Female or Male for Male, it does not mean: "I am a male IRL and will only RP with IRL females.".
It means: "I play male characters and my partner will play female."

If you have an IRL preference, you can state that in the thread itself, but the forums are not dictating IRL gender--only character.

This means, when you post in Gender Irrelevant, it does not mean: "I don't care what your IRL gender is."
It means: "I don't care what gender I or you play in this roleplay."

So, if the pairing is a Female Cop and a Male Criminal, the poster is willing to play either character (often letting the partner choose).

Again, you, the thread creator, can let people know what IRL genders you're comfortable partnering with within the thread itself, but the forum you post in does not dictate real-life gender, only character genders.

With that, we wish everyone a lovely day and happy roleplays. 💛

Status
Not open for further replies.