M for M Romance feyd's m/m thread

feyd

jack of all hobbies
Apr 27, 2022
» about feyd
you can call me feyd and any pronouns go but, more to the point, i'm a roleplay veteran who's really missing the satisfaction of churning out a good story with a solid partner! my last few tentative steps back in the rp direction have been with partners who weren't quite as well-written and whose tastes differed massively from mine so i am here trying to correct for that experience. that said: please don't feel intimidated at all, the last thing i want is to scare anyone off reaching out. i am a humble idiot, i just happen to have a solid handle on the english language.​
* sorry about my "cool guy" affect, i promise i'll use appropriate capitalization, punctuation, and grammar in my posts. it's one of my points of pride.​

» personal rules
  1. because i really enjoy romance, i also enjoy a little smut. it's not the point, it has to feel natural, and i'm not here to rp any particular kinks or fetishes. i'd probably prefer something in the realm of 20-30 smut/70-80 plot! i am also 100% fine with any sexual content being fade-to-black if that's your comfort zone
  2. on that note: characters are not their preferred position in bed. i don't play top/bottom stereotypes, i play complex characters!
  3. anything goes on the "violence/gore" front (within the bounds of site rules). i can't handle gore in film (and am only a little better in real life) but in writing, go hog-wild. i am happy to respect my partner's preferences on this!
  4. i generally don't do fandom rps. honestly, there's a lot of media that i am really into and know a lot about but i have Media Snob Disease and, unless i know that my partner is going to handle that media in a way i'll enjoy, i prefer to skip it. plus i generally find original plots more engaging! there is a very short list of fandoms i'll consider, since they fall into the middle of my venn diagram of "things i know/care enough about to rp" and "things i don't care enough to be sensitive about" and they are: Dragon Age, Detroit: Become Human, Pillars of Eternity, Star Wars, Bridgerton (one of these things is not like the others), Dungeons & Dragons, Mass Effect. i still always prefer to play original characters and stories in these settings.
  5. most of my replies will be posted during the week since i work a desk job and really cherish my weekends for outdoor activities (and competing in my extracurriculars~). that said, i can usually get 2-4 replies out per week!
  6. i do nitpick over my writing a little bit so a decent amount of my daily reply time is lost to drafting, reviewing, editing, etc. and it would be nice if my partner also gave their posts a once-over for coherency and spelling/grammar before hitting send. it's not a deal-breaker by any means, i'd just appreciate it!
  7. i don't like overly verbose writing (i.e. wolfspeak) and, although i'm a multi-paragraph writer and would love my partner to be also, like to keep things short and snappy in dialogue-heavy moments. the important thing is that your reply contains enough interaction for me to craft a response. if most of your post takes place inside your character's head, i don't have a lot to go on!
  8. and just as a bonus, i tend to use real people or realistic art for face claims

» hard NOs
  1. mpreg, "deviantart fetishes" (inflation, bathroom stuff, etc.), and everything that's against site rules which makes this short and sweet
  2. first or second person, present or future tense. i would prefer to stick to third person past tense.
  3. literal one x one with no side characters. i need a variable cast to keep the roleplay moving and engaging and i enjoy doubling up when it works!
  4. plot movement without communication. it doesn't need to be excessive but i like to know where we're headed! if you have a fun dynamic or exchange or line or scene that you think might be interesting, even if there's absolutely no path leading that direction yet, lay it on me. i'd love to find a reason to work toward it!
  5. this is less of a hard no and more of a preference: i have a sort of uncomfortable relationship with food really don't enjoy writing or reading about characters eating in any kind of detail. you are totally welcome to mention food in as much detail as you like, especially where it's central to a scene, it's just the actual mechanics of the thing i don't like.

» pairing/plot ideas
MC means "my character", YC means "your character": if i am using this styling, it means i have a preference for which of the two i'd like to play.
C1 means "character 1", C2 means "character 2": if i am using this format, i don't care which role either of us takes!

it's up to us to decide how any of these settings/the individual people in them perceive same sex relationships; i'm not assuming homophobia is baked in to any of them! and if you care for me at all (which i assume you do if you have read my paragraphs of nonsense) please don't pm me asking for more detail on any of the settings: all i have are loose ideas and i'd like to work with you to nail them down rather than being expected to produce a reference book. :)

1. gang leader x rival gang member, post apocalyptic fantasy
    »
    setting: maybe a decade post-magical apocalypse. the Death of Industry/Capitalism, monstrous entities roaming, gangs, whose members have newly acquired myriad magical powers, are warring with each other in the shadows of ruined skyscrapers. (the setting is very loose, i'd love for you to help me build it)
    » plot: C1 is a long-term but low-ranking gang member whose superior has it out for him for personal reasons; C2 is the secretive, gifted leader of a rival gang. when C1 is sent out on a mission that seems routine, but from which his leader has reason to expect he won't return, he crosses paths with C2 (not knowing their name or rank) and members of their gang in a dangerous situation. shit hits the fan, C2's squad goes down around them, and he and C1 barely escape. after becoming aware that he's been set up, C1 (temporarily?) defects to the rival gang. the threat that resulted in the aforementioned "dangerous situation" is mounting, there are members of C2's gang who want nothing to do with taking in an "enemy", and there are interpersonal issues with C1's previous family (gang). we can focus on whatever conflict(s) we want!
  2. a. prince x assassin, fantasy high court forbidden romance
    b. rebel x rebel spy, underground fantasy rebellion
    »
    setting: this one is multi-main character/dual plotline. high fantasy monarchy, magic is the sole demesne of scholars and nobility; at least in this particular kingdom, common people are forbidden from practicing.
    » a plot: MC 1 is a shapeshifting assassin who has been sent to observe, in order to eventually eliminate and take the place of, the ruling king. he finds the king uncommonly difficult to get close to... but his son, YC 1, much easier. i'm picturing acquaintances to friends to lovers—while the deadline for murder (MC 1) and maybe a pre-arranged marriage? (YC 1) closes in on them.
    » b plot: MC 2 is a magic-practicing member of a local rebel faction whose younger brother (along with other suspected practitioners in the city surrounding the castle) has been kidnapped into custody. YC 2 is a non-magical employee at the castle with uncommon freedom (maybe childhood friend of YC 1?) and some involvement with the rebels. (i’ll leave it up to you whether they’re being paid off or have a vendetta or are just on the side of equality.) after a botched attack on the castle by the rebel group, YC 2 reaches out to offer their assistance and MC 2 volunteers for the inside job in hopes of finding his brother
    » combining them: ultimately the dissolution of the monarchy or the dethroning of the reigning king will solve both problems and i cannot wait to brainstorm how we'd like that to go with you.
  3. outlaw x law man, spaghetti western
    »
    setting: nondescript "wild west" boom town experiencing an influx of new people seeking their fortune
    » plot: MC is a wanted outlaw who just hopped the border into a county where there are no bounties on his head; YC is a long-suffering marshal who didn't realize what a hotbed his town was about to become when the new mine opened. despite the massive influx of people, YC hasn't been able to keep a deputy and is run ragged trying to keep up with the various petty crimes taking place. when MC enters, they strike up a friendship that crumbles when MC is caught engaged in exactly the kind of crime YC is trying to fight. an agreement is made to employ MC on the side of the law and the two get closer... until MC's past catches up with both of them.
  4. starving artist author x gentleperson of indeterminate occupation, period (1920-1940s)
    »
    setting: somewhere in "early 1900s america". not shooting for perfect historical accuracy, just flavour
    » plot: MC is a writer and aspiring novelist who spends more time drinking, carousing on his father's dime, and burning his rough drafts than making any meaningful strides in his work. YC is the son of a wealthy socialite and frequents many of the same speakeasies where MC wastes his time. when MC's father offers him an ultimatum—actually write and publish something or be cut off from the family money—he is immediately despondent... until it occurs to him that it might be less effort to find another sponsor and marry for money rather than applying himself to the impossible task of finishing anything. maybe MC approaches YC seeking advice on a suitable match, or sets his sights on YC right from the start, or maybe word of MC's clumsy efforts make it back to YC somehow; either way, they'll end up navigating a romance somehow. i'm happy to play up to this point and see what feels in character or most interesting!
  5. tbd x tbd, ---
    »
    setting: ---
    » plot: ---

please feel free to reply or pm me if anything caught your eye!

Reactions: UndeadEyes