Hello Everyone!

• Thread starter Deleted member 211
  • Start date

Deleted member 211

Hello everyone! Moon Light here. I wanted to introduce myself and form new friendships and writing partners. I love to write and I have roleplayed off and on for the past several years. I love how images, characters, and plot can flow from my fingers onto the keyboard like fluid - causing me to not only express myself but to get lost amongst the dreams of imagination. There is a certain intimacy when writing with someone. How two minds can harmonize together and create the sweet music that is story telling. The creation that is produced from our minds and imagination will hold a true place in my heart - for I have remembered each and every story I have ever written with someone. I have played many characters. I have lived in many eras of time. I've been the hero and I have been the villain. I've been the "man from outer space." I have also been a woman's "man next door desire." I have played a evil characters like kidnappers and killers while I've also played the savior and the pure. There are many faces I can wear - many lives I can live. There is only one thing that I can't do and that is supernatural and vampires. I just don't have the knack for that.

As far as writing goes, I'm not picky. Honest. I don't expect perfect or amazing grammar. I don't expect your spelling to be perfect. I don't expect a large vocabulary to be used in each post. I'll be honest, I'm not into that. I want us to write a story. I would like a paragraph min. Most of the time I can output 1-3 paragraphs. I'm not going to try to smooth over the writing by adding a bunch of non-relevant nonsense to add length to my post. I will write what is needed and required to move the story along. I won't elaborate for 3-4 sentences on what kind of coffee cup is on the table that I'm using - or use that much writing to describe the aroma of coffee that fills the hair. I will most likely use brief summed up writing to state: "I follow the scent of fresh brewed coffee into the kitchen and grab my favorite black cup to pour some of my morning liquid starter." That is good enough for me! :)

With my writing partners, I like to establish a bond and friendship with them. It's not required or totally expected but I do like to establish that. It helps the communication of our writing, the planning of the writing to come, the understanding of lines to not cross, and the balance of pleasing one another and help make a stronger - more enjoyable story. I don't expect immediate replies or daily replies. I don't ever want my partners to think that I'm rushing them or that they aren't good enough. I do expect my partners to put in an effort, of course. No one liners or something that is vague and hard to react to. I consider each one of you an asset to the writing community and a great pride in writing. Each one of us is different. Some don't vibe well with some - while they may fit in perfectly with others. If you feel we don't vibe like we should - please let me know. There will be no hard feelings. I will do the same and hope there won't be any hard feelings. Writing partners are much like relationships. If you're not truly happy then life won't be enjoyable. Be with those who make you smile, that brings warmth to your heart, and gives you something to look forward to.

About me: I love to tinker with electronics. I've recently got into restoring and rebuilding old school video game consoles such as Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64's, Gameboys, DS, Sega Genesis, Atari's... you name it. I don't really work on much of the new stuff. I have a video game collection going that I'm rather proud of. I'll probably post some of my projects up from time to time. I work full time and I have a family. They are my priority. Sometimes, life gets busy for me and I will inform my partners and friends that I'll be away if I can. If I do not, please understand, things happen that are out of my control. I may be exhausted, spending time with family, or working on real life issues. With that said, I suffer from anxiety and depression. Although I have the depression under control - most of the time, I still feel anxious. This is something that I used to hide and be ashamed of. I am not any longer. That is a part of who I am. Sometimes, I may take a few days off to focus on me and my needs. Please don't take that personally as well. I'm only human.

This was a bit longer than I expected but I hope to make some friends and start writing soon! I'm going to be working on my request thread shortly.

takes a slight charming bow

Until next time!

Hekazu

Menagerie Warden
Nov 11, 2020
Level
Awards
Welcome to Writing Home, Moon Light! Say, you wouldn't happen to be familiar with the Local 58? They've done a lot of analog horror with moon as quite a central theme, so I couldn't help but think of some of those works when reading your name. I was also reminded of a game with extensive specifically moonlight themes, but I shan't blabber about all of those unrelated matters for that much longer.

Back onto topic now, I do hope that you will find the writing partners that you seek for! Having a wide range of possible characters to play does of course make that ever so more likely, and you seem quite well equipped on that front. Have a good one, and hopefully you'll stay a longer while!

Deleted member 211

Hello there! Thanks for the greeting. I'm not familiar with the Local 58 but sounds interesting! Oh I'm loving this site already. :) I plan to stay a long long time... or at least as long as I'm welcome. :P

BTW. Blabber all you want. :) It's nice to meet you!

Irredeemable

Situation Normal; Everything's Fucked
Nov 11, 2020
Level
Awards
Gosh, I've missed some neat folks the past week or so I've been away from the site! Welcome to the Writing Home, I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying things!