Fantasy Hunter and the Hunted

Nov 10, 2020
Awards
250327.png

Dracorexus lived in the northern reaches of Grenora. Every so often she would fly south with the wings she stores in her body. When flying in the sky she appears to be a dragon, and in this era no one would question it whatsoever as dragons were well known to exist. However she was unlike most dragons as she had a human body instead of the massive bodies people think of traditionally. She was a harmless dragon, nor did she go out of her way to kill people without reason, though the reason was always muddied amongst the humans since they only saw one side of the story and today was no different.

Several hunter parties had accepted a job and been dispatched to hunt her down. Though what they were walking into was their own death. The ice dragon showed no mercy to those who's intent was to take her life. Course she didn't kill outright, she gave them a chance to realize that they were out of their league. The day would start as any other would, nice clear sunny sky with snow having blanketed the ground. As they would get closer the snow would begin falling, lightly at first before getting heavier and heavier until it turned into a blizzard. From there she would tease them just on the edge of the of their visibility before disappearing into the snow. Those that chased her and left their friends and allies behind were frozen in their steps. When the others arrived, only a frozen corpse was there to greet them.

From there she picked them off one at a time until they gave up and began to leave. However there would only be 4 survivors from the all of the groups. When they had left the area, the snow and blizzard dissipated leaving a forest that had dozens of frozen statues of groups that came for her head. There was one who hadn't died yet and she walked to him as he shivered in his soon to be tomb. Grabbing his face she looked into his eyes, "Which town did you all come from.?"

As he shivered he thought that if he was honest he might have an out and survive. "We were hired in Vabin. Said there was a dragon that was causing issues and needed to be dealt with."

Draco nodded slightly and froze the person encasing him in his tomb. With the sky clear Draco emerged her wings and took to the skies. She arrived over the town as the remaining hunters arrived there. She did not care much for the weather as it was warmer, then the cold north in which she lived. Taking a deep breath she shot ice balls from her mouth at the town. Upon impact they expanded and destroyed the immediate area. She was terrorizing them and after she left, they town had sent word looking for more hunters to go after the dragon.

Dec 2, 2021
Awards
Amber walked through the forest looking around A ball of fire in her hand she used it to light the way in the dark woods. "What an odd job, a dragon really." She laughed to herself. "Why would they hire me of all people to fight a dragon." She kept walking until she came across a small wolf pup with its leg caught in an odd metal thing. "Damn humans, always ensnaring innocents." She opened the thing and splinted the wolf's leg. it was a small black wolf but it looked at her with intelligence in its eyes. It licked her hand and rubbed against her. When she tried to walk away it followed. "Ok then." She picked the wolf pup up and held it close. "I'll take care of you"

Crankcase

Nov 10, 2020
Awards
The forest had been relatively calm since she set out upon the village. The hunter that entered the forest seemed more bent on hunting animals for food and sale as opposed to going after her. This was just fine, as it was likely the last four survivors message probably got the better of most others. Walking through the snow she left obvious trails with her three toes as well as her tail dragging through the snow leaving an obvious trail. Of course anyone who had knowledge of the dragons would recognize that this dragon if it was one, was extremely small.

Draco could smell an elf in her forest. She wasn't the first one however she was the first in several decades which was odd, however she didn't concern herself with finding the elf as she walked past the frozen statues of the previous hunter groups as she made her way back to a cave at the bottom of a cliff. The cave itself had a sizable entrance, that dropped down several meters. From there it split into two systems one that actually went back up and another that continued down. She went to the one that went up where she made her lair and home.

Dec 2, 2021
Awards
Amber came to the frozen people and cradled the wolf. "Baby dragon maybe." She said looking at the small tracks. "Only one way to find out." every step she took melted snow around her. "So happy I don't have to walk through this stuff." She laughed following the trail. She eventually came to a large cave and placed the wolf down. "It lives here?" She stared at it amazed. "For a small dragon this is a big place.

Crankcase

Nov 10, 2020
Awards
Draco climbed the rocks and made her way though the cave. In a few spots it was tight enough she had to squeeze through and a baby dragon wouldn't be able to pass. Climbing into her home it was a relatively large cavern. There she had a place she placed weapons of the slain hunters, a spot for her bed and an area for fire to cook her food.

Moving over to the fire pit she started a fire and it warmed up the cave quickly. She tossed a broken spear into the pile and it echoed through the cave. She cut a slab of meat from a previous hunt of hers and stuck a pole through it and placed it over the fire to cook it. She then sat on a rock and watched the meat closely.

Dec 2, 2021
Awards
Amber stood at the cave's entrance wondering how she was gonna squeeze her way in. She left her quiver taking three arrows thinking that's all she needed. "This can't be a normal dragon." She comments crawling in.

Crankcase

Nov 10, 2020
Awards
Draco walked around her lair as her food cooked over the fire. First she went to her bed which was built out of the rock and actually resembled a bed. Furs covered the top of the rock and she had a large blanket and pillow she may have stolen for her own comfort. She cleaned it up a bit pushing the blanket against the back before going back to the fire. The sizzling of the meat distracted her from hearing what was happening down the cave tunnel.

She picked up the stick and put the meat a little closer to the fire. It sizzled even more as the smell enveloped the cavern. Once ready for her she pulled it back and started biting chunks out of the meat on a stick.

Dec 2, 2021
Awards
Amber stepped in and immediately saw draco. "I knew it." She said immediately covering her mouth. "'Oh no." She was confused but also excited that she was right. "What are you."

Crankcase

Nov 10, 2020
Awards
It was really easy to hear the newcomer in her house. They seemed to have a hard time staying quiet. She took one last bite of the meat ripping it apart with a tearing motion. She stuck the stick with the remnants of the food into the ground as she stood up. Turning around, her tail moved back and forth behind her with the glow of the fire giving her an outline. Raising both hands up she quickly slapped her hands together.

At first there was only the sound that echoed throughout the cavern. However the temperature started to drop and the cave entrance behind Amber sealed up full of ice cutting off her route of escape. Even then the ice slowly expanded from there growing out from it. "So the hunter has managed to follow me to my home." Draco said as she wiped the juices from her meal off her lips. It was odd that instead of men, it was a female before her and on top of that she was an elf. She knew of no elf who was willing to live in the northern climates, so she must've been hired by the humans to hunt and track her. It would explain how she managed to locate her home.

Her eyes glowed with the activation of magic, "What are you doing here? No elf lives in this climate, so that must mean you are a hunter."

Dec 2, 2021
Awards
Amber didn't mind the cold. "well sort of." She started staring at the odd dragon girl. She started to feel comfortable around her. "I have lived here my whole life so I'm used to it. And they did hire me but I'm not looking to finish it I just thought it was odd behavior for a dragon.

Crankcase

Nov 10, 2020
Awards
Draco was absolutely flummoxed by this elf. First off was she lived in the north her whole life, this was really unheard of for anyone outside of the Elf race. Then she is a Hunter but only was intrigued by her behavior. Was it because she made statues out of her victims and didn't eat them? Then she thought of what was normal behavior for dragons, there were so many questions running through her mind for this girl.

It was apparent this girl didn't want to fight and that is where Draco got her fun but this was more boring. She turned around and went back to her food sitting at the fire which was warming up the cave that they were in. "Well you are here anyways so take a seat." She said as she took a bite of the remaining meat.

Dec 2, 2021
Awards
she sat down staring at the dragon human creature. She blushed slightly and smiled. "So what are you doing here I've never seen you but I have seen your work." She obviously meant the ice sculptures.