NSFW Fantasy Horror Romance Open Orlo. What sharp teeth you have.

Orlo

Exit reality.
Mar 26, 2023
Awards
Hello.

Check here too before you message me. It will save time.

One idea here for now. I go deep, so I can't handle much more and do it justice.

PM if interested. Bring plot ideas and the other half of the story with your character idea.

Open to major changes.

As the forum goes, any gender or pairing is fine. My character will be the jinn. Bring your human. I promise I bite... if you want me too.

Jinn or the lesser used, more derogatory term, ghoul, by definition for this plot, is a demon-like monstrous humanoid that can take the form of whatever creature they eat. If they taste the flesh, they can mimic the voice, smell or appearance to a generally convincing degree, but to fully become the person or creature, they must devour it. They can be invisible or possess any living creature, should they have the strength and maturity to do so. Their natural appearance is not far from that of medium to darker toned humans, with their devilish grins being more full. Jinn have a lot of teeth. A lot of sharp teeth. When well fed, this can be hidden. When hungry, their grin is about as friendly as a rabid dog's.

The history of the jinn and humans is an angsty, violent cycle of lust, betrayal and unnatural obsession. To have hundreds of their kind slaughtered by countless hunters and paladins over the centuries, turned a mere annoyance with humans, into a deep seated loathing. Humans apparently did not take kindly to having someone so close above them on the food chain and jinn were intimidated by how fast they multiplied. Despite this age-old mutual disgust, the jinn were jealous of humans, striving to be as much like them as possible, but the cries of the dead would not be silenced, the jinn fought back against mankind, earning the title of ghouls in their mindless slaughter. From grand wars to isolated badgering and haunting, they drove humans insane. As their strength of numbers waned they took to possession of select humans, inciting wars and famine, feeding on the casualty only to start the cycle over again and again. Until their number grew too few. It is hard to kill a jinn, their souls are tied to the earth itself, so the head must be severed, separated from the body and hung high above the ground for one-hundred years. Worse yet, they did not reproduce as quickly as humans did. Once this was discovered, the jinn went into hiding. The humans had won. The jinn's advantage was gone, they kept to themselves, at the most resort to torturing some random soul, or cursing a family into servitude...but now, they mostly hide away in the shadows of a graveyard, abandoned buildings, the occasional antique bottle or lamp.

Spending the summer at the family estate always sounded pretentious, but that never stopped them from bragging to their friends. Filing anyone in on the rest of the story was reserved for the closets of friends. Granted, it was technically a mansion. A glorious Victorian affair complete with four stories, full attics and cellars, wrap around porches, out buildings, summer kitchens, and a mill-house, all in all a breathtaking piece of family heritage. The cemetery was the downer, along with the massive abandoned church and rectory. Part of these decrepit, hallowed grounds was used as storage, with the formal grain being processed in the factories further away, but there was room in the rectory for the days during harvest for workers to rest between shifts. A wonderful plot of land if not slightly creepy.

Summer reunions dwindled down as modern times sent the family off on 'more exciting' excursions during the summers, but the last of the family that lived there were getting up in years, so the younger generation held on to the tradition, surprisingly, taking turns visiting and keeping the older couple company. With less people, it was serene, though this void brought peculiar things to light. Since no one wanted to move in with the elderly couple, a caretaker was hired on full time, or so the family was told. No one in the family remembers when they came or who hired them, but he did the job well and took care of the property. No one in the family knows just how connected he is to the land, the estate and the family itself.

"Hey hun. You still coming next month? Your favorite plums'll be ripe then..."

Reactions: Nihiline