Staff member
Horde Leader
Nov 5, 2020
Level
Awards
www.youtube.com
✿ڿڰۣ— The Queen's Tavern —ڰۣڿ✿

Requirements:
1: Paragraph posting (at least 1). Grammar is meh, as I won't be trying too hard either. Haha.
2: Characters can be made up for this RP or, better, characters from your other RPs 'taking a break'.
3: No character sheets; Just jump in and introduce in your post.
4: All normal site rules apply, but given I'm the admin, are you really going to be that foolish and not follow them?
5: Violence and suggestiveness allowed within rule limitations.
6: Servers/Tenders/Bodyguards are all NPC unless you'd like to pick up the role specifically.
In saying that, you must play them as an NPC to your char if you want service.

The City of Sita

In the city of Sita, a city built over the sea, a new tavern has opened and flourished quickly.
Among the many other locales where one can grab a drink, this tavern outshines them all in size, quality, and beverage options.
From the outside, it seems simple enough. A small staircase, a simple door, and nothing of much interest outside the single hanging wanted poster.
On the poster if the legendary Lady Rose, A.K.A. Queen Rose of Thorns.

Long ago, Lady Rose had controlled a powerful and private kingdom. Legend states of a war raged for her hand, resulting in the death of many as she stood alone on the battlefield. Despite the years passing, she was still sought by many for the deaths she caused--some seeking her death and some still seeking her hand.

Inside the tavern, it bustles with life. People from all walks of life sit together to drink, listen to music, play cards, and more.
The tavern spans many floors, drinks constantly flowing from the bar on the first floor.
What once was a surprise, but now known and laughed over by the regulars is the tavern owner:

Lady Rose herself.

Somewhere in her journeys away from her kingdom, during a time in her life she sought a powerful spell, she had decided to spend a bit of time in a temporary retirement. What better and more thrilling thing to do was there than owning your own tavern in the middle of a busy city? Plenty of things, but it seemed she was content to take this route. She was never shy about hiding her identity within her tavern, from the very fact she named it 'The Queen's Tavern' to the fact she pinned her own wanted poster near the entry, it was clear she didn't fear those that might come looking.​

Of the hundreds who passed through every week, it was a rare occurrence that someone actually attempted to capture her. The regulars and bodyguards were more than ready to stand up to protect her, keeping her hands clean of any dirty work required to kick them from her tavern. At the start, before the regulars jumped to her protection, she'd made quite scene when handling a group of men who had come to take her away.

There wasn't much comparison to a room filling with vines sprouting from the woman's attire, thousands of needle-sharp thorns erupting as they entangled around their pray. The group were lucky that she let them go with only a few light pricks, when many of the thorns were long enough to puncture through the body. Those who got to know her knew that killing was not a pleasure of hers. She fought to protect herself and those she cared about. Outside of that, she found violence a boorish activity that held no point.

This night, the bar was busy as it usually was. It wasn't too loud, at least, not at the moment as a man on a small stage played the lute. The moment the music stopped, everyone knew the volume would grow substantially. Behind the long bar, the tenders moved with inhuman speeds, pouring and mixing drinks to send them away with an ever rotating door of servers as they traveled to and from the many floors.

As for Lady Rose, she was perched, per her nightly routine, on a large chair made of vines and roses by a burning fire. There were no tables around her, for she often kept to herself beyond a few rounds of checking in. Though she enjoyed socializing with her patrons, she often let them come to her unless specifically approaching the newer patrons to ensure they were enjoying their visit.

The crimson red hue of her wine shined in the light of the flickering fire. Rose Wine was her drink of choice--a rare and expensive wine very few places could afford more than a single bottle of. Despite such facts, The Queen's Tavern was stocked with it, along with many other drinks normally hard to find. Though she kept her life fairly simple in her temporary retirement, she sought to ensure her visitors time was well spent and without regret. A plethora of drinks helped exponentially to achieve such.

Hearing the final pluck of the lute, her hands lifted to clap softly along with the rest of the tavern, the sound picking up quickly as the patrons returned to their loud and boisterous conversations. With a faint smile creeping along her red-painted lips, she let one hand fall to her lap as the other fell to the glass of wine, fingers lightly pinching at the stem.

Hawksearcher

Fantasy Music Composer
Jul 1, 2022
Awards
www.youtube.com
Maven Spellseeker 3.jpg

It was in the midst of the fading applause that the front door to the Queen's Tavern opened to let in yet another guest for the evening. A young man--well-dressed in blue robes and a uniform, who didn't seem a year over 20--strode into the warmly-lit space. The night was still early, so the young man was not too much of a sore thumb in the crowd of seasoned patrons; nevertheless and despite a cocky smile, his confidence seemed to be more the product of naive enthusiasm than any real mastery of social conduct in a group of grizzled older adults.

Maven took a seat at a small table off to the side, and sunk into his chair, his cares seemingly melting away just by being in the tavern. He used his foot to drag the other chair a bit closer to him, and in a move that was perhaps a bit overly casual for a public space, he crossed both feet and rested them on the chair, letting out a content sigh.

"Four down, one to go," He confirmed to himself enthusiastically in a bright tenor voice, as he waited for a server to take his order.

UndeadEyes

Mama Undead
Staff member
Horde Leader
Nov 5, 2020
Level
Awards
www.youtube.com
Among a few others, her gaze--a bright white gaze--shifted to the door as it opened. It was just habit for many, especially those who worked within, partially to ensure if the person entering was known trouble or looked like they could cause trouble. This young man seemed...simple enough. Eyes fell away quickly and the bar continued on with its loud chatter and cheers.

Across the room, someone hollered at a winning hand in a game of cards that had been in the works for the last two hours. A black-haired man dressed as if he'd come from a country far away grinned in his seat, the money from the many bets throughout the game pushed in his direction. "Well, would you look at that! I finally beat the boys."

Lifting his glass in cheers to his table, given it was all in good fun, even if the sum of the winnings could feed a man for a few months, his gaze fell to the owner of the tavern. "My Lady Rose! Do I not deserve a kiss for such a display!?"

"Don't bug the Lady." One of the men at the table muttered through a laugh.

"Ah, why not? The worst that can happen is she says no."

"Of course she'll say no!" The man laughed.

"Heh, all because she will not kiss a face like yours does not mean she will not kiss a face like mine."

The laughing man sputtered at this, giving him a bit of a side-eye glare that caused the rest of the table to laugh.

"Actually, I will kiss nearly anyone." Came the voice of Lady Rose, now approaching the table, the thorn-less vines dancing around her body. "But tell me," she began, leaning down a bit when she got close, hands gently landing on the armrest of the man's chair, pressed behind her bust, which only enhanced an already abundance of cleavage, "do you prefer I kiss you or that I let you kiss me?" Her voice was soft, seductive, with just a hint of a tease trailing behind her ruby lips.

For a moment, his eyes were on her chest before he glanced up. "Depends, do I get to choose where I kiss."

Another round of laughter from the table and a few tables listening in. With a smile in turn, she lifted a hand from the armrest and gently brushed the man's hair aside, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. He had a pout on his lips when she pushed herself back to stand, though it turned back into a grin soon enough.

"I cannot complain, I do suppose."

"I suppose not." She said in turn before spinning about and heading across the room to the the tavern bar.

Reactions: Hawksearcher

MonMis

Exister
Aug 12, 2021
Awards
1659858078042.jpegCelia had been waiting tables all night. The petite girl had thick long blond hair that flowed gracefully down her back, reaching her rear. Her purple dress was neat enough, handmade from home with clear skill, but her apron showed the stains of many nights of work and the occasional spill. Every night it was busy, and this one would be no different. The regulars smiled kindly in her direction as she served them their ale. Newcomers of all kinds would find their way to the tavern to enjoy in the revelries as well. The musician(s) of any given night would always add to the jovial and carefree atmosphere.

Of all the places Celia could find herself, The Queen’s Tavern truly was one of her favorite places to be. The stories she’d hear from all kinds of travelers made her feel like she’d gone on adventures for herself. And the music would be as if it were coming from her own companion bard, playing and singing of these tales wherever she went. But the truth was that the only place the waitress ever found herself was here. In this town. Or in this bar. She’d never gone anywhere past the borders of her home city. She’d barely even ventured all parts inside of it. Every adventure in her mind was not her own, or it was only imagined.

Nevertheless, despite her dreams of more, she had a duty, a job to help pay for her family’s expenses, and it was truly enjoyable to her in its own right. And as the music faded, unable to clap along with everyone else as her hands were full with a patron’s order of drinks, she smiled as she delivered them, garnering a few smiles in return. That’s when she heard the door open for somebody new, and her excitement came back. More new stories!

As soon as she’d finished this round of serving, Celia turned towards the newest addition to the tavern as he propped his feet up on a chair across from the one he was sitting on. “Good e’en, m’lord,” the higher pitched airy tone fluttered sweetly out through her vocal chords, her accent clearly one of a lower, more impoverished part of the city, and she spared him one of her signature sincere smiles. “Welcome to the Queen’s Tavern. Is there anything I could bring to ye?”

Hawksearcher

Fantasy Music Composer
Jul 1, 2022
Awards
www.youtube.com
As Maven settled, his eyes were immediately drawn to Lady Rose. Despite her renown, Maven had actually not been keenly aware of her wanted posters. He was aware of the folklore surrounding the near-mythical queen, but he did not recognize her as THE Lady Rose, only that she was a powerful, imposing woman sitting in a chair of epic proportions. He was both impressed and intimidated by her aura.

Then the young woman gave Maven a smile that seemed to light up the room, so he beamed up at her and straightened his back a little--but not too much. "Evening, Ma'am! It's a good night tonight. I'll take something without a buzz--some cheap juice if you have it. I'll also take a meal if you have food here too! Something middle of the menu. I'm, uh... Celebrating."

At this, he tapped the crest of his lapel.

The school crest of Gedonelune Royal Magic Academy.jpg

Celia would have most likely recognized this as the crest of a local school of magic.

Hekazu

Menagerie Warden
Nov 11, 2020
Level
Awards
In the tenebrous skies above Sita, a dark shadow of a winged figure briefly flashed over the moon upon the sky. The flying figure had passed by her a number of times, but it had never arrived quite this close. It was likely that it still would have taken the rumours with a grain of salt, but after the first-hand account of one of its fellow wyverns, it had chosen to believe. And behold, there were no siege weapons aimed at it, despite its presence very much within their range. The large wings serving as the regal presence's front limbs were tucked inward, and it dove down towards one of the numerous channels, entering the final gambit that would tell the hostility of this township. The wings spread out once more as the shadow neared the surface of the water, and the wyvern rode on the speed of the dive, skimming just above the ferries and barges on its way towards the Queen's Tavern. If the rumours were to be believed, the single most welcoming place in the city for those of its kin.

The channel was wide enough for the flying traveller to tilt one way or the other as it passed vessels upon it, only once or twice actually flapping the wings again. Most of the steering was done with the tilting of the body, or more minutely with the movements of the long, stinger-tipped tail and the two hind-legs further back. The head turned a little with each manoeuvre, but more of the concern was on keeping an eye out for coming obstacles than using the neck to direct one's motion just as well. The wyvern left behind itself a wake of water displaced by the rushing air, the greatest of splashes still flying away from the crowds and back to the channel as its trajectory suddenly turned upwards instead, right after the head had whipped sharply towards one of the banks. The wings were tucked in once again as the shape drew a corkscrew of pirouettes into the night sky… and then, upon the street descended a much smaller presence, no longer roughly the size of a barge itself, but still undoubtedly recognisable as a dragon of some kind.

Yes indeed, the newcomer that walked up the stairs of the Queen's Tavern remained speckled with bright and shining scales of the light shade of emerald green. Their arms remained in the shape of wings, still large enough to support the now humanoid body's flight when not tucked, but for now kept well on the sides. The legs, too, found no shoes covering themselves, but ended in sharp talons. The wyvern's tail, however, was notably gone in this shape. It would not have fit beneath the tunic of mint green base and earthen brown details, nor could it have been hiding amongst the ribbons that appeared to magically float behind and beside him, for now that he carried himself as a humanoid even the uninitiated could tell his gender. The claws at the midway point of his wing-arms were raised to his head, adjusting the jade circlet upon his vibrant golden hair, the red and black gems forming the shape of a spider upon his brow glimmering in the light of the lanterns just outside. The short hair itself needed no adjustment, falling neatly halfway over his ears, and with that he laid the claws of his right wing upon the door and made his way in.

An immediate look around suggested that nobody was particularly bothered by new presences, but soon enough some made note of him walking further in and also poked at their company to look over. He could feel his nerves getting on to him. Nobody was actually coming at him, that he could attest to. But many of those that were looking, whispering, had weapons. How many of them fancied themselves dragonslayers, he had to wonder? There was only one way to know for sure, and he was most certainly not looking forward to invoking the wrath of any of them. His mouth drew into a line as he drew breath, keeping his wings well tucked as if that would help anything in masking his presence from those that were interested in his kind. But there was a notable improvement here to many other a visit among general populace. Nobody had yet drawn a weapon. Perhaps the rumours he had heard were substantiated after all?

• Love

MonMis

Exister
Aug 12, 2021
Awards
Celia nodded with a hum of acknowledgement at the man’s order: modest meal with some juice. That’s when he said he was celebrating and tapped the badge on his jacket. The woman, while hearing of many stories from those who came to this bar, were not quite the same as those who had a more quality upbringing. Many of the adventures she’d heard happened outside of the town, and the magic most used were crude and self-taught.

So, when the patron tapped a finger at the strange thing, she looked at it with some awe and much curiosity as her body bent over some to get a better look at it. It was really beautiful and her eyes went wide with intrigue. “What is it?” It may have belonged to a local school of magic, but Celia, due to her own less than humble upbringing, had no clues as to what it meant.

“And a celebration? I love celebrations!” She responded with glee and a wide toothy smile as she stood more upright again. “What are we celebrating? Maybe I can get the cook to make a small desert to top with a candle for you.” She might have been confusing things for a birthday.

• Laughing

UndeadEyes

Mama Undead
Staff member
Horde Leader
Nov 5, 2020
Level
Awards
www.youtube.com
The glances to the dragon-creature were only to last for so long. Yes, indeed, a sight not often seen in such forms, but not one unheard of. This was only furthered when a man whistled in the creature's direction, his blue eyes turned gold as his pupils adjusted to those of a dragon, only to change back. He gave a thumbs up in the process as if to say 'you're good' before he returned to the people at his table who were busy laughing at one drunk man's tale about a pig and a donkey...or was a goose?

The Queen, fresh drink in hand, listened to the words around her. Celebration? Her white gaze shifted with the faintest turn of her head, taking note of the young man with the crest. "He is doing well in school..." She whispered under her breath--deep ruby lips barely moving. Though perhaps only an achievement to the one it applied to, to her, a celebration was a celebration.

Turning about, she raised her glass upward as vines traveled down her arm and into the air, sprouting large roses that could be seen from all floors--a sign she needed to speak. The room fell silent and the roses began to crawl back toward her arm, disappearing into the thorns from which they had appeared.

"We have a young man here celebrating tonight. We need little in the ways of reason to be joyous, but for his achievements, anything he order's tonight shall be paid by me...and all the rest of you can get one free drink on me as well."

The whole bit got one massive round of applause and shouts, though a few perverts shouted 'can we drink it off you as well!?', to which many of the women present rolled their eyes and Lady Rose ignored it completely. With a sip of her freshly poured Rose wine, she headed across the bar toward the stage where the Lute player had been, a few others preparing for their turn to perform as well.

• Love

Hawksearcher

Fantasy Music Composer
Jul 1, 2022
Awards
www.youtube.com
If Maven was optimistic about the night prior to his entrance, his confidence and pride only seemed to swell as the bartender leaned in to examine his mark of dignity. When Celia asked about his crest, Maven jerked a thumb towards his chest, and replied, "The Mage's Academy at Brestor, of course! I just passed four of my five finals for the year with flying colors. I still have to study for my Principles of Defensive Metamagic final, but it's not for a few days, and I'm not too worried about it. Although I won't say no to a desert--nor a candle if you have one."

Certainly not a young man to be bashful about his accomplishments, his voice carried through the tavern, and after The Queen responded with her kind gesture of free food, Maven planted his feet on the ground and rose from his table a bit, almost bumping into Celia, to get a better angle to see Lady Rose. Even though he still wasn't entirely sure who she was, he could recognize a powerful person when he saw them.

"Thank the stars, kind tavernkeeper, you've just made my week even better! When I finish my food, I would be more than happy to perform a spell or two for the kind crowd here!"

He sat back down and winked at Celia. He wasn't sure what had gotten into himself. Prideful and confident, sure, but his face immediately flushed red when he realized that he had just volunteered to entertain a room full of mature adults. He would certainly eat his meal slowly to buy himself some time.

"I, uh," he started with a chuckle, addressing Celia. "I suppose I'll take a leg of goose then, if you don't mind!"

And that was when he noticed the dragon in the room. His eyes shot wide as he beheld the wyvern in its magesty and splendor. He leaned forward in his seat and gestured to the ferocious beats to Celia. "By the arcane, Excuse me, ma'am, but how often do dragons come to this tavern??"

May 22, 2022
Awards
As the bar looked to lady, no queen Rose, a female of black and white scaled skin slipped in. All eyes and ears upon the silken voice. A celebration tonight it seemed. That was always a good cause for more drunken kindness.

The woman sat closer to lady Rose, a floor up however, but gave the space and respect to the one who could easily take a life with but a mere thorn. Black and white highlighted hair, braided back to keep it out of her face. Eyes that shown an eerie blue, her skin black with white patches, and the more you gazed it seemed that she began to have scales like a fish the further down here body ones gaze traveled. A halter top of fiber like fine black silk clung to her body as it stopped above her stomach to reappear at her hips in a long skirt with slits up to both hips. Her legs seemed to have a clear material hanging from them, but was that apart of her or was that apart of the skirt?

A hand was raised but for a moment when a server on his way back to the bar stopped at her table. "What will it be tonight Tess?" It was easier to call her that than her true name. "A plum sake for me, warm please." With a small coin pouch she handed over a rather expensive coin as was her custom to start the night. A smile was given and a nod before he took off to get her order and anyone else's that he happened to get. She was certainly in no hurry.

It was hard to see what she was looking at as her eyes were the solid blue color but it gave her an advantage to look at the patrons and not be seen as staring. The young one celebrating, it seemed a dragon of sorts had come in, but if one looked closely, there were many under cover cloak and dagger beings here.

MonMis

Exister
Aug 12, 2021
Awards
“Oh!” Celia gazed in amazement at the young man’s accomplishments. She’d never had schooling of any kind beyond learning whatever basic skills her parents were able to teach her growing up. “Well then, I’m sure this indeed does call for celebrating! A preemptive revelry for passing all of your finals.” In truth she had little idea what he was talking about when he said “finals” but she imagined it to be some very taxing and perhaps even dangerous feat.

Just as she was about to leave to get him some food, her employer then spoke up and offered the man’s food for free. She looked back to see his reaction, and his joy was infectious. Celia couldn’t help but to giggle with his glee…and also blush a bit from his wink. She too certainly would like to see some magic performed. A few tavern goers in the past have shown her some small tricks, typically dealing with their playing cards, but surely one who has been professionally trained would show them all something absolutely fantastical and mesmerizing.

“Leg of goose it is,” she said with a nod and giggle as she once again made to turn away to fetch the food for the man…

…only to then be stopped *again* for something. The blonde turned back to the mage and peered over in the direction to where he was gesturing. She tilted her head in some thought. “I cannot say I’ve seen many in here, but I know that he is not the first. Perhaps the first looking the way he does?” She said with a shrug, not entirely disconcerted nor excited by the sight of the newcomer. Nevertheless, it did remind her that it was another patron that needed attending to once she’d put in the mage’s order.

“Let me go fetch that food for you,” she said with another smile and then turned to leave for real this time to get back to her task.

With the order placed with the cook, mentioning that it would be some time to finish, she then turned her attention to the newest patron. On her way towards the strange man, she’d filled a few more cups with ale as they were raised in her direction with every table she passed. Then, Celia would stop a few feet from the wyvern and gave him the same bright smile she gave all the customers. “Good e’en, m’lord. Welcome to The Queen’s Tavern! Please take a seat where ye’d like! Is there anything I could bring to ye? Drink? Food perhaps?”

• Laughing

UndeadEyes

Mama Undead
Staff member
Horde Leader
Nov 5, 2020
Level
Awards
www.youtube.com
"My dear gentlemen, do you mind if I take up the stage? I feel a bit of a tune in my mind that I feel should come to life."

The men on stage paused in their preparations, glanced at each other, and then laughed a bit at the idea of saying no. They all knew that the Queen had a voice and if she was in the mood to serenade the tavern, who were they to say no?
"Of course, My Lady. We'd be honored."

With a smile, she gently lifted the front of her gown to free her feet to rise onto the stage and lift herself up. In the lift, one of the members approached and extended a hand, which she took in her free one to stay steady until both feet were firmly planted on the stage.

"Care to share the name of the song so we can prepare to play--"

"Actually, I will be doing this without your assistance... Is that alright?"

The band looked again to one another before shrugging. "No problem. We're here if you need us."

"You can still play your rounds after."

The band stepped down from the stage as the Queen began to smooth her sleeves. Without prepping the room, she simply began, her voice echoing unnaturally as she did.

"Boom Shi clack clack." With those words, it began to repeat in the air without her, shadows pulling from her body of silhouettes that places themselves upon the stage edge, leg black legs crossing as they continued to repeat the words, creating a melody in the process. It was all it took to draw attention to her, the tavern falling back into silence one floor at a time as the words echoed.

"What is this all about? Settle down. Please, don't yell or shout." The queen began to sing over the silhouettes, her voice lyrical and simple. A trained voice from centuries of practice...or some otherworldly ability. "The landlord he lives downstairs. We'll get evicted. Please, don't be too loud... You say I'm passive aggressive. How can I not be when you're always talking at me? You say I'm unresponsive, and here you are talking over me..."

Lifting her hand, with the next set of words, she flicked her wrist, the illusion of a brick wall appeared, shattering. "You make me want to throw this shoe right through that concrete wall... Maybe you should pack your things. If it's that dreadful, then just leave it all..."

The shattered wall began to break apart into pieces, floating around the room as the pieces started to glow, while the silhouettes continued their chorus, the Queen creating a simple 'hoo' sound to add to the music while waiting for the next set.

Twisting her hand back in and dropping it to her side suddenly, the pieces of illusion walls shot back toward her, pushing through her and forming behind her instead, her rose vines growing around her slowly and tying her to the wall. "Don't want to keep on sharing my bed with someone that I have to love less and less... Every time I try to make you smile, you say that I'm being a child... Well, I tried my best..." By now the vines had wrapped nearly half of her body, as if representing the drowning feeling of a relationship such as the one she sang about. "You say that I need therapy. Well, my darling, so do you... Don't need for you to tell me what is wrong in all I say...or do..."

The vines now wrapped around her neck, moving toward her chin, creeping across her face. "Please, don't try to throw this shoe right through that concrete wall... Maybe you should pack your things. If it's that dreadful, then just leave it all..."

Again, she created the 'hoo' sound as the vines began to fall from her body while she stepped away from the wall that began to shatter.

"Boom Shi Clack Clack." She began to sing more upbeat now with the silhouettes as the wall began to break into pieces, the falling pieces turning to a glitter that faded before it hit the ground, her vines sprouting roses and growing over the dark figures. As the voices faded, the roses melted back into the vines that then retreated back onto her person/

It wasn't one of her grandest performances, but that didn't stop people from cheering. With a curtsy, she walked to the edge of the stage where a band member again offered his hand and helped her back to the main floor.

"Lovely as always." He said.

With a kind smile, she pat him on his shoulder and headed back toward her chair to wait for their own set to start.

May 22, 2022
Awards
A gentleman's hand set the plum sake down as the queen herself began to get on stage. As a regular, she had seen a few performances, and just like every other time, it silenced the house. Instead of taking a drink, the cup sat to chill as the performance commenced. The eerie blue glowing eyes following the visions out and over the crowd, as the creature was more adept to seeing in the darker spaces would also see what other may or may not have wanted to be kept hidden.

Water was much easier to be in but here she felt she served a purpose. Not that Lady Rose needed anyone's help. Her thorns made sure of that, let alone what magic she had hidden away. As the song ended her eyes wandered over the floors one last time before taking a sip of her favored drink. Still good even lukewarm. The cup was set down and her mind began to relax as she allowed herself to lean back into the chair and openly look around. So many people and faces, some familiar, others not so much. Her second home. A smile graced her lips hiding behind it the razor sharp teeth that made most cringe or call her a freak.

Hekazu

Menagerie Warden
Nov 11, 2020
Level
Awards
If he had to take this as a sign of what nights were like over here, there would never be a dull moment. He had just observed a hidden dragon flashing his eyes at him when it was already time to take a step to the side and observe roses and thorns spouting forth from the numerous vines that all originated from one very regal woman. The Queen herself as it would be evident after he had put two and two together. It certainly made sense why this place would not see instances of mayhem quite like several other taverns would as soon as he or any of his colleagues would walk in. After all, they were very clearly wyverns even when they changed shape. Like could be seen from the dragons more properly hiding in this space, that wasn't always how it would be.

Apparently she cared even for the little achievements of her patrons, something that made him think on if he should seek her attention too, as this would be one of his first outings that didn't involve him fearing that someone would embed a dagger in his back. A cause for celebration just as well, surely? And more than that, he would like to say thank you for arranging a space such as this. But perhaps he should… no, he wouldn't need to do such a thing. Besides, if he delivered his thanks, even if it had not been her aim she just might pay more attention to keeping the fact of the matter the same in the future. Yes, that sounded like a perfectly valid reason to pay her a visit.

But of course, that reverie was broken while the magical plants drew away. He had only taken a few steps when the next interruption had come to him, and that had been something that had him turn his head to the direction of the very surprised celebrant himself. Briefly, he brought the claws of his right wing to his chest and bowed in his direction. The question had not been asked of him, nor had he any idea of how he should know (though what sort of a scholar was this man if he could not tell a wyvern from a dragon?) given this was indeed his first visit. A very eventful visit at that, for it seemed Lady Rose was keen to take the stage and provide entertainment to the masses that had missed their opportunity to drink their free drinks off of her.

While she still prepared, he was met by the beaming waitress, the wyvern once more offering a polite bow. "Evening. Sorry, I'm here by flight… but I suppose just one, when it is free just as well… might you have apple cider with a strong touch of lemongrass? I'm in the mood for something light", he made his order, though once the waitress would already be heading off he'd still turn quickly her way: "Oh, right, make the cup large and preferably wooden! I don't have fingers!" he pointed out the obvious, though one would be surprised to hear how often people overlooked that detail. He flashed a wide grin as he turned back and walked towards the stage, weaving past a few of the people that had also elected to stand, his tucked wings pushing up high above the heads of most of the crowd.

The next spectacle was already underway before he stopped seeking his spot, but the way she weaved magic into the show as effects for the observers allowed for something to be viewed even during that time. The song tugged on strings that he might guess had something to do with the Lady's own history, or perhaps someone she had once observed. The themes mentioned sounded as if it came from another region of the land, perhaps from the shadow of Trident's Railworks? He'd flown there too in the past, seen it with his own eyes. And the things drawn in the air reminded him of them.

He soon noticed himself falling into memories of his old travels more than listening to the song, and so instead of remaining by the stage he instead walked close to the crackling fire, settling slightly to the side of the great fireplace with his attention on the dance of the flames, grounding himself back to the here and now. Something that would be easier as soon as he would receive his drink, and if he could perhaps meet with the Lady herself. He hoped they might have a fruitful conversation. After all, she seemed like a very interesting person. And if his presence here offended someone, surely he would be shown aside? She had a number of guards nearby at all times. They didn't flank her on every step, but he had seen enough courts to know who was not simply nursing a drink in their hands despite attempting to look like it.

MonMis

Exister
Aug 12, 2021
Awards
As the wyvern settled in his chosen seat by the fireplace, Celia had already fetched his chosen drink. The largest wooden cup she had of the drink was actually more along the lines of a bowl, though its volume would match close enough to one of their larger metallic steins.

“I’m sorry we don’t have much else ‘cept this. Does this work?” She asked as she very carefully held it out towards the man, taking care not to slosh the cider with lemongrass around too much, nor let a drop spill. There was no table at this spot of the tavern for her to set it down. In all honesty, she was surprised that he had chosen a seat near where the queen herself usually sits, and likely would be sitting now had she not been on stage singing. It was not her place to say anything, though, or to shoo him off for she did not know if he perhaps might have been an invited guest of the lady.

Her eyes would glance up at certain dichromatic regular on the second floor (@Fatal Nymph), curious if perhaps she had any thoughts about the strange man, knowing her own closeness with the Queen. It’s not like the young human woman could do anything if there was an issue, but at least getting the attention of the lady’s shadow (for lack of a better word?) might be prudent. Perhaps to know if the man was alright where he was, or if at the very least to keep an eye on him if this was questionable. Whatever the case may be, her eyes fell back to the wyvern and smiled her usual way and, if he was fine with the drink, would move to help the other patrons.

It would be about time that the mage’s food and drink would be ready, so only a few minutes later would he be approached by Celia once again. In her hands was a large plate of food: goose leg, potato mash, various veggies, as well as a small bowl of soup, and a cup of orange juice freshly squeezed. He might also spy a small shot of liquor on the plate as well, “for your celebrations,” Celia said about it in a quiet voice and a wink as she set the whole array of food onto his table.