M for M Adventure Romance Slice of Life Open Interest Check for Historic?

Tennessine117

His Royal Highness, The Queen
Sep 6, 2023
Awards
Hi! My name is Ten or Tennessine. I typically do group rp, but I'm looking to give 1x1 a shot :))

I don't have a solid plot idea to share, but I'm really into history, especially the American pioneer/gold-rush era and I've been binging Little House on the Prairie nonstop, so I'm really wanting to write something along those lines, but with a bit more lgbtq+ influence haha

I'm kind of running with the idea of an 1800s cross-country adventure between two men. It could be for whatever reason- The Oregon Trail, Gold Rush, looking for adventure, anything really.

-I had the idea of two childhood best friends who don't have many motivations in their small town who hear about the gold rush, get excited and start dreaming of riches, and set off to Colorado or California from the East Coast to try their luck. They would be kind of naive but really enthusiastic about the journey and then it could be a slow-burn as they realise the dangers of mining and traveling but also realise their own affections for one another.
-Either that or they could be secret lovers, already together, who are forced to travel across the country for some reason (probably the economy lol- or it could also be the gold rush, or they're just looking to settle somewhere where they will be alone together and accepted.)

As for my writing tendencies, as of right now I don't really have a preference for length. A couple paragraphs would be ideal, but I'm not extremely experienced myself so while I'm open to novella type writing, I'm not particularly seeking it out. I'm happy to discuss it with anyone interested! I'm open to mature subjects, but generally more along the lines of angst rather than major kink or gore sort of subjects (at least for this storyline anyways)

I'm totally open to ideas. In conclusion I'm just a major history nerd looking for a ton of fluff (maybe even some not-fluff if that's what you're after) and hoping to use my imagination to escape my concrete jungle to open fields and fires. Please let me know if you'd be interested in joining me! :))

Reactions: UndeadEyes