Admin
Horde Soldier
Site Tester
Nov 8, 2020
Awards
writinghomerpg.com

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Welcome to World of Writing Home!

This is a unique section of the Writing Home Site.

Here, we allow our users to create and host threads that have a reminiscent feel of the old MSN chat days.

Per usual, all rules and restrictions of Writing Home apply to this forum unless otherwise stated.​

What is an Open Group Roleplay?

An Open Group Roleplay is a thread created by a user, much like any group roleplay.
However, unlike a group roleplay, you don't need to submit character sheets or get permission to join (read below for more details on this).
The creator of the thread describes the setting in their main post, which is usually something simple like a tavern in the woods.
These tend to tie into one another, so many times, characters from one person's thread will travel through other rooms, taking with them the memories.
This helps create the feeling of one large world.
However, not all rooms will tie into the same era.

If I don't need permission to join, are there any stipulations to joining?

Yes. Every thread creator will have a set of rules and restrictions.
For instance, some threads, though fantasy, may not allow specific breeds, such as vampires.
Other thread creators may only want people of a specific literacy level joining.
When you join, you must make sure your character fits the setting and that you are able to write at the level the thread creator requests.

Can I request people submit character designs prior to posting that I have to accept?

No.
If you want that sort of control over your group, you should stick to the normal Group Roleplaying Forum where you have that control.
This section is meant to be relaxed and without the strict rules of our usual Group Roleplays.
You are free to suggest that people should create a profile for posting to make it easier for others to learn about your character, but it cannot be required.

How many rooms can I open?

Every user is allowed to open two rooms.

You can close one to open another. However, please remember that suddenly closing an active room can look badly upon you as a user.
If a room is active, let it remain open or see if they will move to your new room so you can close the current.
Constant closing of active rooms can lead to a warning from admins due to the impolite and rude nature surrounding it.
If you want to leave one and have someone who is willing to take it over, contact UndeadEyes and she can swap the first post to a new owner, allowing you to leave.