Snow's Flurries (Drabbles)

• Reminder:
    Do not post in other user's threads unless they clearly state it's alright to do so.
    If there is a lack of posting consent (lack of a yes or no), it is a no.
    If you want to show someone you like what they are posting, 'like' it.​

Snow

the sound is deafening
Jun 14, 2022

Hey guys. Welcome to the page where I'd like to share my drabbles. Which are essentially, if you're not familiar with them, snippets into my original characters' lives. It could be anything from snippets into important and key times of their lives to just simple drabbles that peer more into their personalities, likes, dislikes and every day life. I find this is good for people, like myself, who are inspired by these sorts of things. Sometimes I may even decide to share replies I've done in the past or elsewhere for these characters. I'll make sure I specify in the post. I hope you all enjoy this little personal thread! You can feel free to comment on what I share if you have any questions or you can also reach out to me on Discord.

Snow

the sound is deafening
Jun 14, 2022

They Call Me Psycho
(Drabble - A look into the day Claudia consumed her father's heart which in turn, killed him and turned her into the "Governess of Wrath" and allowed her to consume his powers.)

Forever was a long time but it was supposed to be spent with him. Plans had changed as did her fate. Once merely a child of wrath, suddenly it's regent. Once a woman who suffered greatly was suddenly indulging in bad behaviors. Her sin only fueled a feeling that had been suppressed deep into the depths of her soul. Destruction followed, evidence of her indulgent behaviors apparent in her path. Creeping toward the insanity as it coated her from head to toe. What was once beautiful and light was darkened in a glorified fury that coated her in the stately divine white haired goddess. Suddenly no longer human looking, only pushed her further into the darkness. A cloak - a mask of sorts that kept her well hidden in plain sight. She was far overdue for the unleashing of her annihilation upon humanity. However, humanity kept her still straining to break free, entangled in the deeply seeded veins of power that held her to sanity.
Even as bodies burned around her, hands lit, flames spawned from the fingertips that were held out at either side. A poor attempt to capture the elusive nephilim. Her entire body shook as the power surged through her like the blood that pumped through her heart, powering her very existence. Looking out onto the obliteration of demons made the goddess proud. Finally in control, the ability to destroy, set aflame and engorged herself only sent her reeling deep into the darkened recesses of her mind where the melancholy thoughts of death and despair festered and rotted.
Even death was no match for the queen of wrath. Her entire body vibrated with the heat that surged and let out the heat of her heart. Blood would have poured along with the heat had she not been completely intact. Crazed eyes found their ways inside of darkness as she navigated through the realms within hell. Those that didn't bow at her feet, challenged the governess and found their own demise at her feet where her followers knelt down in front of her. Engrossed in rage, her feet traveled in the direction of lividity where she found her followers, her enemies, her home. It was Lucifer himself that pointed her in the direction. His subordinate had only been a nuisance and his offspring had proven to be a true devil follower which would ultimately lead her creator into his own demise.
It took almost nothing to finally take the father of wrath. The first. The king. You could find him cowering at the feet of his child. Provoked by the wrongdoings of her maker, antagonized by the events that led her there. Revenge. Her mother's death put full blame on the Governor. He was the cause for their pain, their suffering, their agony. Grief had encouraged every decision the keeper had ever made in her life. Never stable and ultimately becoming a shell of what she had hoped to one day become. Only a twinkle of humanity was left in her eye as she stood over the body of her father, watching the trauma as he bled out at her feet. Her body ached to rid him of any life left within him.
'His heart.' The words sat at the front of her lobe and controlled the direction of her dagger as she carved into the muscle. When she came to the breast plate, a surge of wrath powered the blow that would crack and break the cartilage and bone that kept his life muscle safe. Reaching into the soon to be vacant cavity, she quickly found the organ and used her hand to violently extract it from his body. White eyes glossed over with tears as she lifted the contents to her lips. It still continued to beat in an attempt to bring life, breathe life into a body. However, sinking teeth into the muscle sent her senses into elevation.
Porcelain ivory tusks tore into the tissue as the blood splattered over the roof of her mouth and tongue. Coating the inside of her mouth, she continued to eat it. Piece by piece until only blood remained in her hands. A churning in her belly almost sent her lurching forward but the nephilim kept it down. With eyes white, her body convulsed and the body at her feet let out a final gasp before turning to dust. Screams filled the room as her body jerked and contorted violently. Sending her flying back onto the hard cobblestone. Shaking and sputtering. Unable to grasp reality, humanity the furthest thought of her mind. The queen was suddenly engulfed in the power as it coursed through her being, pain surrounding her insides as her organs contracted and twitched within the confinements of her entirety.
When she rose once again, she was no longer a mere keeper but the Governess herself. The keeper, Wrath's Queen. The title came naturally but they claimed her to be adored by ash as her power was greater than the fire itself that burned with her vexation. It would forever be known that she was the one true queen. Many would try to dismiss her, eliminate her and ultimately try to bring the same fate to her that came to Samael. Time and time again, she would prove to be the true keeper, the rightful heir to her throne inside lividity and somehow she would spread sinners among the humans only to have her reign solidified with heirs of her own who would one day follow in her own path. Today, she was no longer simply Claudia - but the Governess of Indignation herself and today her fate was sealed with the death of one keeper. The transfer of power left her ashen coated from fire and blood that would reside deep within her heart, forever entwined with wrath.

Snow

the sound is deafening
Jun 14, 2022

Best of Me
(Drabble - The moment in time when Aoife is finally blessed by Gaia's powers. This is something that hasn't been done in many lines since the old days and Gaia chose Aoife because she sees her as worthy to carry her power. This gives Aoife goddess status but she doesn't realize that yet.)

The struggle of hiding your face behind a screen was a daily occurrence for the naturally blonde princess. All because she refused to give the worst of herself to those who perturbed her existence. She refused to allow the screen to be removed, taken down and thrown to the side in an attempt to release the threat onto herself. She needed to be safe because if she were to let her guard down, she would immediately put herself in danger and she couldn’t have that.

As the brunette went about her day, she found herself needing to be grounded more and more. The ache deep in the pit of her belly grew. An ache that refused to leave until it was sufficed and given into. It was something more primal than a simple sexual need or hunger. It was like a call to the wild, a forceful pull that tugged at her strings and each moment that she struggled against the force, the ache only became more intense. It was almost enough to make her weep with need. Even as her insides cried and screamed for it’s sweet release, Aoife held strong. It wasn’t just as simple as going home. It was a dangerous act that she had to continue to toy with like an open wound that festered.

Until that moment came that she couldn’t take it any further. She stripped to flesh the moment she broke. The snap vibrated her bones and crept up her spine the moment her eyes found the soil when she emerged from the cottage. The moment she stepped into the sunlight that seeped through the trees, her glamour was forced down like the clothes she had removed. No longer bound by a cocoon. Long blonde hair tickled the tops of her round cheeks as she tilted her head back and soaked in the warmth of the sun as it blanketed her shining white flesh.

Glowing in it’s rays, the princess caressed the warmth that found her skin, swaying in the light that shone down around her. It was then when she took a step forward and her pale foot lifted from the stone step and stepped down into the cool soil. An ache suddenly roared and spread rapidly through her. Every pleasure point in her body tingled with delight when she felt the cool earth beneath her step. Her toes wiggled slightly as she soil caressed each crevice of her feet, contouring the flesh of her feet with the dark earth.

Stepping forward, the fae didn’t stop until she found the rich soil she had mulled over. Slowly, she began to sink until she was on her knees. Light surrounded her as the tree branches parted and created a spotlight onto the royal woman. Drinking in the warmth of the sun and the cool of the earth was better than coming home. The half-deity finally found her place.

Fingers reached out to grip soil and grip the earth in her palm firmly. Bending forward, she allowed her body to lay against the dirt and allowed it to coat her body. As if it reached out and embraced her with arms of its own, she twisted and squirmed in it’s grasp. The feeling of the warmth and cold, the soft and the gritty, the light and the dark. Somehow, she fit right in the center of it all. She couldn’t deny the delight that filled her as she got cozy with Gaia.

Gaia wrapped around the princess, welcoming her into her clutches. She caressed the creature that rolled and twisted against her, embracing her with her love and her power. It filled the princess and entangled herself in every way she possibly could. No amount of love, sex or indulgence would ever be so powerful or significance to Aoife except this. Her nature, her place. It was her powerful connection with Gaia that made her the true queen. Nothing would compete with Gaia, the one true creator.

Sliding along the surface of the earth, Aoife’s eyes opened and she looked up at the sky above. Light blinded her eyes temporarily until the leaves and branches shifted and once again covered the sun’s view from the fae’s body. A smile gleamed on her lips as she allowed herself to rest there in the soil. She could feel Gaia’s pulse, felt at one with the deity and drew in her gifts. It had been centuries since Gaia had given another like this. It had been many lifetimes that a princess such as Aoife had been given the power of Gaia in such an intimate way.

Aoife succumbed to Gaia’s needs as she gave in to her own. It was the best she has ever received. Nothing would ever compare. Nothing would ever feel the same as she felt right in that beautiful moment. The way she felt at one with the pure energy that surrounded her. The way the earth enveloped the princess to claim it as her own. Gaia was a truly giving creature and only the fae could really understand. When someone was worthy enough of the deity’s blessings, she showered them with her power and her love just as Aoife had discovered. It wasn’t sexual. It was something similar but far more intimate. Nothing could come close to what it was like to receive such a prize from the goddess herself.

As fae, they were sexual in nature of course. Many of them could only go so long without satisfying their sexual urges and meeting their carnal needs. To the typical eye, of course everything the fae did looked purely sexual. Especially their rituals. It wasn’t about something sexual at all. In fact, it was more spiritual than sexual. There was something erotic about such things of course but never obscene or lewd. It was beautiful, passionate and euphoric. It was supernal and intangible. Nothing would… could compare.

The blessings from the goddess sent Aoife soaring. The fae was engulfed in a series of flooding intoxicating sensations that left her feeling enraptured and completely in awe. Tears formed at the corners of her glowing eyes and slowly flowed down into her white hair and into the soil laden earth. Suddenly the woman’s body began to sink. The euphoria had taken hold of the young woman and she didn’t struggle. It was what she wanted. This was exactly what she needed. She needed this cleansing, to be reborn in the eyes of her maker, the supreme creature. Gaia’s clutches brought the blonde sinking into the earth until she was completely buried deep inside of the soil.

Days passed. Thunderous and treacherous storms plagued the town. The thunder and lightning were so powerful that the grounds shook and structures shrieked in an attempt to keep standing. Animals, insects and creatures stayed within their shelters and homes, not daring to disrupt the evolution happening deep in the ground. The land trembled at times, releasing every bit of tension it possibly could as the creature buried in it’s grasp morphed as she was meant to.

When the time finally came, weeks later, it was finally time for the goddess to reveal her creation. Altered in the perfect format. So much so that no fae had ever been granted such a profound gift from Gaia. No being had ever been spoiled so considerably in the generations since Gaia began offering her gift to her children. It was unlike her to favor someone so but Aoife wasn’t just anyone. The goddess saw herself in the princess. A mirrored image in so many aspects of who Aoife rightfully was.

The sun had barely pierced the sky as the princess finally emerged from the soil. The dirt seemed to fall right off of Aoife like she wasn’t even there. The fae woman glowed brightly like a shining star in the early morning hours. The birds began to tweet and the crickets began to chirp again. It was her rebirth. She had been brought forth a second time with such power and heightened abilities like no fae has ever been bestowed.

The heightened existence was just what the woman deserved. A queen in her own right had succeeded in proving that she is estimable. She had earned her goddess hood and she deserved it. She had been granted such a powerful gift and she would never forget that the goddess chose her. She would be the best that she possibly could. She would use her power for what was needed and she would soon be far more formidable than any fae queen had been previously. Aoife was to fulfill her destiny as the prophet of Gaia and would one day bring an end to the fae war. She was the weapon of Gaia.

Snow

the sound is deafening
Jun 14, 2022

Destiny's Ghost
(Snippet - Swayn has had the same frequent dream since she was a teenager. She doesn't understand it but she knows it has something to do with her birth family. This is before she finds out she's an Orion but, this puts into perspective why she's having these dreams after she finds out she's a powerful witch.)

The same dream plagues me, night after night. Walking through the mist, I can't see anything until I come to what feels like a familiar clearing among the trees. The thick fog suddenly clears and disappears behind the trees that surround me. I hear a baby's cry and immediately I spot it laying in the middle of the ritual circle. I run to the baby and I pick her up into my arms. Someone has taken blood and smeared it across her forehead. A common ritual practice when you are doing a protection spell on the newly born. I cradle her in my arms and there is something oddly familiar about her. I can never put my finger on it but I know her.

Then sudden, sounds of demons screeching fills the circle, amplified by the fog that is now surrounding us again. It causes her to cry and the screaming of souls intensifies which causes me to grimace. Somehow, I manage to muster up the courage to run. Whoever this infant was, she was in danger and I felt the strong need to protect her. So we will run until I find a cave among a rock face wall. As the demons come closer, I have no choice but to run inside into total darkness.

Inside the darkened cave, I am unable to see so with one hand, I cradle the baby and with my other, I feel the wall. I allow it to lead me into the cave, deeper and deeper until I see the light. It's coming from an alter within the cave. I don't stop until I see the crone's face. She is performing a ritual at the alter and she turns her head up to look at me and the baby. It frightens me but I don't turn away.

"Hurry. Before it's too late," she tells me. I carefully place the baby on the stone slab and a gust of wind rushes through the area of the cave.

"Do I have to do this?" I ask.

"Of course, my child. If you do not wish to suffer the same fate as your family you will. Your powers are ancient and span generations. If you do not wish to be the last of your line, you must sacrifice." The crone answers.

The crone begins to chant and the demons get louder as they draw closer again. The baby is screaming. The wind is blowing so loud that I can hardly think. It all comes together and it's far too loud and overwhelming along with the fear that grew and I let out a terrifying yell that suddenly wakes me from my fitful slumber.

I look around frantically. I'm in my bed. I'm safe under my covers. It's all a dream. The same repeated dream that I've had since I was a teenager. I bring my hand up and allow my power to flicker against my fingers. These gifts are ancient. My powers span generations. I am not destined to be the last of my family line. "It will not stop with me," I tell myself as my powers fade into my flesh. "I will not suffer the same fate as my family. I will fulfil my destiny."

Snow

the sound is deafening
Jun 14, 2022
The Day Death Died
(This does include my writing partner's replies. I included them because they're giving some perspective of what's happening in my replies.
His Replies: Blue
My Replies: Red)

So this is what it feels like - a blade piercing the heart. Still-beating and warmth surround it in liquid form; blood. It seeps from its core and drains him of life, right before God's bewildered eyes. They mirror the look of disbelief in Death's own orbs as they cloud in ghostly white until he sinks to his knees and the divine dagger remains in his chest as he falls limp through Heaven's grounds.

'You made me do this, o'sweet Death, brother of mine. It was never meant to be like this.'

Life flashes before Leon's eyes as he travels eons within his fading mind. The memory of the Universe and all of its precious beings. Ones he blamed for their faults. Faults he, himself, exudes. It's not always easy to see oneself from an outward perspective but as death consumes you, it's as though you're seeing yourself clearly for the first and last time.

There's no more pain when his corpse thunders into the ground in front of Hell's gates. Lucifer is the first to notice the incredible havoc Death's falling wreaks on all of the Universe's realms. Earth is shaken hard by Leon's passing, in a literal and figurative sense. It's as if a thousand earthquakes happen at once and as soon as they stop, comes a pause in time.

What will Heaven and Hell, and no less Earth and its mortal beings do without death? There's an order to everything and something is felt missing at once.

Immortal beings and greater entities are summoned, even God. However, Father of Creation doesn't show his cowardly face, afraid of the wrath he will face in the wake of Death's death. Even angels appear in the depths of Hell and the Devil is furiously slamming his fists into a stone table that shatters beneath bruising knuckles, which heal just as fast as they wound. Flames dance around him and he grinds his teeth in fury.

"This is what Father does! Instead of stepping down, he allows Death to die, at His hand, no less. Is this what you all wanted?!"

It was never meant to be like this. Even the archangels know the gravity of what's taken place. Michael touches the dead vessel he fought tooth and nail mere fleeting hours ago.

"What do you reckon we do, Luci? Father has abandoned us all."

Uncertainty doesn't fare well when it's on the tongue of one of the greatest archangels of time's existence. God's very right-hand man and favored son after Lucifer was cast from Heaven many, many eons ago. The Devil stands beside his heavenly brother and for once, they are not fighting amongst themselves. No. They're seeing eye-to-eye for the first time since the dawn of time. Good and bad come together as neutral and there's an audible sigh from the both of them that echoes to the rest, who all remain silent.

"Well, brother, as always, I do have a plan. However, should it fail to be successful...we are figuratively screwed, thanks to dear old Dad."
__________________________________________________________​

The last ones to be summoned are Claudia and Silas. Lucifer knows there's no time to waste. If anyone can save Leon from weaving himself into the comfortability of his own existence, it's his son. Besides God, Death's offspring is the greatest entity still alive, and only he holds the ability to bring death back to the universe.

Silas is upset. No, that's an understatement. He's furious and for once, the Devil is hesitant to approach. A fist finds a stone wall and bores into it with ease, as though it's made of butter. Claudia isn't consoling her son. She's not his peace this time. Instead, she's shielding the obvious heartbreak that can be heard throughout all of the realms if one listens closely.

"I'm going to kill Him!"

Yes. Silas is furious. Fuming. And while Lucifer is usually always on board with taking down his creator, this time, he shakes his head in disapproval.

"There is no time for that. What do you think will happen if we kill the only entity holding everyone's existence together, all on his own, now?"

Silence.

A frustrated sob pass angered, trembling lips but the boy, now considered a man and a warrior, wipes his eyes on a bloody sleeve at once. It's been less than two hours since Silas was fighting a couple of the angels that just left the room, leaving it empty shy of the three still living and breathing. And Leon's body. One they all stare at, still in disbelief. Nobody has had any time to process. The offspring of Death feels guilty and it shows. It's felt.

"I let him run off after Him. I should have-"

At once, Claudia spins on her heels with a stern expression but warm, loving eyes.

"No! You did nothing wrong. This is...all Him. And your father. Their stupid war..." Her voice trails off.

When the woman turns to her once-lover, there's turmoil surrounding them in a heavy aura and smoke emits faintly. It's like she's quite literally fuming, though her touch upon his bearded cheek is gentle. Wrath. She wants to be angry at Leon for getting himself killed but Claudia knows, deep down, that nobody could've seen this coming. Not even him. He was supposed to capture God and imprison him, and then Death would take his place. Instead, the Creator destroyed his brother and now he's cowardly hiding, refusing to take the blame.

This goes beyond humanity. It's a threat to them all. Besides God. He will still live and can start anew but the rest of them are doomed without Death's presence.

Lucifer clears his throat. The Devil is not about wasting time. Not in this case, anyway.

"Silas is the only one powerful enough to bring him back."

Daddy! Daddy, please! Daddy, don't leave me!

The youngling voice of his son as he drifts into the dark of night feels like deep stabbings to his heart. One he possesses purely because of his choice to become one with a form such as his humanesque shell. Leon's heartstrings are tugged and torn from its root, shaken, ripped apart. Even as he tries to turn around and fight the pull of the darkness, he somehow has no control over his actions. Unlike when he'd been living still. When he willingly left Silas behind. All because of his and Claudia's chaotic energy, draining them all. He'd told himself it was for the better. What a fucking lie that had been.

"Dad? Dad! Dad, can you hear me?!"

A harsh, loud gasp and Death awakens from his still slumber. There's a piercing, searing pain throughout his entire form and sharp jabs at his once-more pumping heart, thumping violently within his chest. His eyes shoot open and his mouth is agape as he inhales his first, proper breath and his lungs come back to life. Restoration is happening right before everyone's eyes, that are present, and he senses it all; their prior sadness, their shock and awe, the tension and, not to mention, the faint feeling of his son's state. The one that's brought him back to a sentient state.

"All right, let's have a seat, shall we, big guy?"

It's Lucifer's voice urging Silas to sit. He's, after all, just gathered and used all of his powers to bring his father, Death, Himself, back from the dead. The Devil aids him to a nearby chair while Leon fends for himself, attempting to sit up, but he takes it slow. He's able to tell his own strength or lack thereof, and while it's already regenerating, it's not fully there yet, so he takes another breath before he sits straight up on the table. Silence, and three pairs of eyes upon him anew. The wound is still there as a reminder, though only in the shape of a scar now. One he touches in slight disbelief. God killed me.

Red? Blood? It couldn't be. This was impossible. This couldn't have been real. It must have been a joke. She wanted it to be a joke. She prayed to the stars that it were just a cruel prank in the grand scheme of things, a dumb idea Leon had to trick the others to believing that death himself could actually be dead. That wouldn't have hurt so bad. That wouldn't have made the wrath that consumed her feel so alive in those moments when she ran into the room past her son to see the body. Those moments she stood there, her heterochromatic eyes glaring into the body on the ground. She heard nothing. Her vision was like a tunnel. She didn't even feel Silas brush past her quickly to get his own look at his dear ol' dad. Laid so perfectly across darkened stone that was now stained with the blood shed from his open wound.

A familiar lump had formed in the nephilim's throat. She swallowed past it in hopes of making it disappear but as her eyes found Leon's body, it only grew in the attempt not to cry. There was a familiar fizzy feeling in her nose and throat following that scratched at her eyes. Tears began to surface as she tried to control her bodily functions while her emotions swirled inside of her causing an intense battle of control over her body between her brain and her heart. Her eyes still fixated on death's human vessel, she did her best to keep her reaction to herself. Her wide eyes and parted lips that formed a gasp were the only satisfaction that she would give to the room of beings, the satisfaction of revealing Claudia's weakness.

Claudia could feel Silas's own emotions barreling out of control, emitting a clear vibration around him. It was a gift he had been born with. She wasn't sure if it was a condition of death or a condition of wrath. Regardless, if the Governess's son felt some time of way, so did anyone within a short radius feel it as well. Seeing that she was standing directly beside him, of course she too would surely feel it. Somehow, she still kept her composure. Whether it was pure control, willpower or an abled ability that she had unknowingly mastered throughout the years, she was thankful that her exterior stayed pieced even as she felt it cracking. Seeing her son's reaction didn't help either. She stepped closer to the body, stepping past Silas as if to shield him from the scene.

It wasn't until Silas had his outburst that Claudia began to react. It was what she needed to snap back to reality, to face the horror of the scene before her. "I let him run off after Him. I should have-" Claudia would be having none of this behavior from her son. She had taught him better.

"No! You did nothing wrong. This is...all Him. And your father. Their stupid war..." Claudia began to chide her son but slowly turned as her voice began to fade with her words. Her eyes fell onto Leon's body once more. She could feel it. She was beginning to lose her inner battle with the wrath that began to consume her.

How could he do this? How could he allow this? He wasn't supposed to die. It was supposed to be that wretched brother of his, that all mighty prick who held his head a little higher as if he were better than the rest. He was the true evil in the universe. It was God who deserved the sword through his heart that allowed death to quickly consume his life. Not Leon. Not death. Not her beloved death. Her mind began to drift.

~

"All I know is (ooh ooh ooh)

We could go anywhere, we could do
Anything, girl, whatever the mood we're in
Yeah all I know is (ooh ooh ooh)
Getting lost late at night, under stars
Finding love standing right where we are, your lips
They pull me in the moment
You and I alone and
People may be watching, I don't mind
'Cause anywhere with you feels right
Anywhere with you feels like
Paris in the rain
Paris in the rain
We don't need a fancy town
Or bottles that we can't pronounce
'Cause anywhere, babe
Is like Paris in the rain
When I'm with you ooh ooh ooh
When I'm with you ooh ooh ooh
Paris in the rain

Paris in the rain."

The song played in the background as Leon spun the brunette on the dance floor. A tight black dress hugged every curve known to her form and Leon's hand slid across them smoothly with such ease as if he could recall each inch of her from his memory. Truth was, he probably could with how often he had studied her form with his eyes, hands... and his mouth. Even as they danced, fully clothed and in the public view of the other patrons, he could still see her without the dress, without a stitch of clothing and recall the beauty that she simply was.

"I look at you now and I want this forever

I might not deserve it but there's nothing better
Don't know how I ever did it all without you
My heart is about to, about to jump out of my chest
Feelings they come and they go, that they do
Feelings they come and they go, not with you
The late nights
And the street lights
And the people
Look at me girl
And the whole world could stop
Anywhere with you feels right
Paris in the rain
Paris in the rain
We don't need a fancy town
Or bottles that we can't pronounce
'Cause anywhere, babe
Is like Paris in the rain
When I'm with you ooh ooh
When I'm with you ooh ooh
Paris in the rain
Paris in the rain
."

The smiles shared between them, quiet bouts of laughter as they tripped over their own feet showing flashes of embarrassment, and even the few stolen touches they took liberty in while their hands roamed their bodies during their dancing. By the middle of the song, they had forgotten the others around them and only half remembered that they were in public. It was a shared moment of happiness and Claudia would never forget the look on Leon's face. It was the first glimpse she had ever gotten from him that felt even remotely human in nature. She wondered if anyone had ever gotten the pleasure of seeing this side of Leon, so carefree and relaxed for once. As if their immortality was just a dream and they were simply a mortal couple enjoying a night out.

"Have you ever been to Paris?" Leon asked the nephilim curiously.

Claudia shook her head, "No. Why?" She asked with a smirk.

"I'm going to take you someday. We will see everything there is to see and we will make love in every corner of the city until we can claim it is ours." A rare version of Leon, one that was gentle and far more human feeling than his normal personality.

"Oh

Girl, when I'm not with you
All I do is miss you
So come and set the mood right
Underneath the moonlight
Days in Paris
Nights in Paris
Paint you with my eyes closed
Wonder where the time goes
Yeah, isn't it obvious?
Isn't it obvious?
So come and set the mood right
Underneath the moonlight
'Cause anywhere with you feels right
Paris in the rain
Paris in the rain
Walking down an empty street

Puddles underneath our feet."

Their bodies danced as the song began to slow down and their bodies began to slow with it, Claudia looked up into the beautiful amber eyes that bore into her. Large hands pressed against her hips and slowly moved around to her back just above her round bottom while her hands that rested on his biceps slowly reached up, hiding beneath long brown locks of hair to rest at the back of his neck. The sweetest of smiles on their faces that slowly inched toward one another until their lips found one another. An act that had become quite common, felt different. It was the first moment Claudia felt a glimpse of love for death. She felt an overwhelming power unlike the wrath that coursed through her. Love. An emotion she had not been as familiar with but distinct in nature and far too sweet not to recognize. It was the moment Claudia knew she was in love with Leon.

~

"Silas is the only one powerful enough to bring him back." Lucifer's voice brought Claudia out of the familiar memory that had stilled the wrath that fumed through her literally and figuratively. She looked up at Lucifer and nodded her head.

"He's right." Claudia turned her head to look over at Silas. He looked frightened on top of feeling anger twisting him even still.

"What? I don't know how to do that! You can bring him back, mum. I've seen you do it before!" Silas insisted, approaching his mother and getting closer to the woman who birthed him.

Shaking her head as Silas approached her, Claudia took a deep but shaky breath as she was bombarded by her son's tall stature just like his father's. "You can." Claudia insisted while closing her eyes momentarily. She opened them and looked up at her son's face. "You have the power just as I do. You just need to tap into it, my son." Claudia pushed. She reached up and placed a soft hand against Silas's cheek that was wet and torn between hot and cold from his hot skin and cold tears. "I don't have the power to raise your father."

"But you do." Silas argued. "I've never risen from the dead. You have!"

Claudia shook her head again but her eyes didn't leave Silas's piercing glance, "I have the power to raise mortals. I don't have the power to raise immortals. Your father does. You are your father's son. You are your mother's son. Tap into the two powers, Silas. If you can combine the strength inside of you with the ability to raise the dead and raise your father, you can do this. I've seen you raise animals from the dead during practice. It's just like practice." Claudia paused as her son looked down on her, scared and unsure of himself. "I will help you."

Silas, still nervous and unsure, nodded his head. He sniffled and pulled away from Claudia. The two of them turned their bodies to look at Leon. Both mother and son swallowed hard. They stepped toward Leon's lifeless body slowly until they were merely inches from him. Silas fought back his anger and his sadness. He didn't have faith in himself. He didn't believe that he could bring Leon back from the dead but, somehow, his mother believed in him and he was going to use that as his strength.

Silas kneeled beside the body and Claudia moved to stand behind Silas. "Remember what I do? Hands over the wound." Claudia coached the young man. He was already exhausted from fighting but somehow, he was going to find this strength that he didn't know he had. "Good." Claudia said when Silas's hands covered the wound where he had been fatally stabbed. Tears began to escape the corners of his eyes as the saddened boy looked over his father's body as if being punished. He began to tremble. "Close your eyes, Silas." Claudia instructed.

Listening to his mother, Leon slowly shut his swollen red eyes and took a deep breath to try and calm himself. Claudia placed her hands on either side of his head and began to emit power into his temples. It was like the nephilim were transferring her power to Silas but what she was really doing was giving him the energy boost he needed. He had lost most in battle. She knew that if he were going to do this, he needed his energy, even if it meant giving him every last bit she had at that moment.

"Picture him, Silas. Picture the wound healing. See his chest rising and falling? Feel his breath as he breathes on your skin? Listen to his beating heart. See it, my son. Reach your hands into him and find his energy. Find your father's energy and force it into his vessel. He's not dead. He is lost. Bring him home. Help him find his way in the abyss. Be his navigation. Call out to him. Let him hear you." Claudia's voice was soft as she spoke. Power began surging through her into Silas and into Leon. Colors of red, orange and white brilliantly flowed through them like a great waterfall of power that surrounded Leon.

Silas began to grit his teeth as sweat lined his skin and Claudia began to grow weak. Still, she didn't stop. She continued to give her son every slice of power she could muster. "Dad? Dad! Dad, can you hear me?!" Silas cried out violently as an efflux of power flowed through his hands and filled Leon with the power. Leon's body began to convulse and shake violently. Claudia opened her eyes and looked down, watching life return to Leon. It was working.

"Almost there, Silas. You are doing it, my boy. Come on." Claudia chanted as if cheering her son on in her own way, even through gritted teeth. "Pull him back. Put him back inside of his vessel. Heal his wound. Bring his life force back. He's not dead. He sleeps." Claudia continued until she suddenly couldn't take anymore. She stumbled back, light fading from her hands and her body.

Lucifer caught the Governess and sat her down. "Easy there, Governess. We've had one death too many." Lucifer sighed as Claudia leaned back against the cold wall. She shivered and pulled the fabric of her dress around her closely while watching her son. She was drained and had given him everything she had. When she watched his own power begin to fade, she held her breath. Lucifer then made his way to the boy, tending to his weakness as well. Claudia knew Silas would be fine. It was Leon's fate that made her hold her breath.

While Lucifer tended to her son, Claudia moved to her hands and knees. The woman slowly crawled weakly over to Leon. She needed to reach him even as she almost fell over before getting to him. When she finally arrived at Leon's side, Claudia looked over his body. The wound was closed and a long and gnarly scar lined where there was once blood dripping down his body and where his life force had escaped the human vessel.

"Leon..." Claudia whispered while her fingers found the scar and traced it softly with her fingers. "Wake up. Right now." Claudia's sweetness was beginning to change and the bitterness filled her voice. She thought back to that day, that memory of when she first felt love for death. "I know you can hear me, you giant brute." Claudia growled, seeing that his chest was rising and falling but his eyes were still closed. "You promised to take me to Paris." Claudia said as tears began to escape her lids.

Sniffling, Claudia pulled herself until she was sitting but leaning over his body, long blonde hair tickling his chest and blanketing them in a sheet of white. "I forgive you. I forgave you a long time ago but I was so bitter." Claudia admitted aloud. "Blame it on resentment. I couldn't move past the fact that my father sent you and you let me fall in love with you. Rule number one when tricking someone, you taught me, never get close." Sniffling and using the sleeve of her dress, Claudia cleared her throat and wiped her face. "You said you loved me. I believed it and I believed you. I get it, I told you to get out. I know. But what else do you expect?" Claudia asked, as if he would answer.

"You lied. You used me. You did everything you promised you weren't doing." Claudia reached out with her hand and stroked his jawline and into his thick and blood matted beard. "I hated you so much for it... at least that was what I told myself for years. Truth be told, I never stopped loving you. You just betrayed me and I couldn't move past that." Claudia admitted aloud. She didn't care who knew because those people in the room wouldn't be able to use it against her. "I don't care what happened. I don't care how much you might hate me but, these past few months with you and Silas have been the happiest moments of my life." Claudia choked back a sob. "So wake up so you can take me to Paris like you bloody promised, Leon." Claudia cried softly before leaning down and resting her forehead against his chest.