Fantasy Casual Moderate ✿ڿڰۣ— The Queen's Tavern —ڰۣڿ✿

Hekazu

Menagerie Warden
Nov 11, 2020
Level
Awards
Yes, that was another thing about her that kept on showing itself time and time again. She wanted to go about keeping order in subtle ways. Not a smart thing to cheat where one could start a fight over it. Especially with very potent opposition. This tavern was a gathering place of extraordinary sorts, and where under normal circumstances a caught cheat might get a proper thrashing over here that might amount to something else entirely. And such nonsense would certainly sour the mood for the evening. Of that there was little doubt. Spring didn't comment on the topic, knowing not to risk the subtlety deliberately maintained. But he jotted it down in his mind just as well.

Now standing at the bar, Spring glanced at the people working at it before turning back towards Lady Rose and listening to her altogether silly question. Why was he hanging about her so much? My, he had half a mind to ask the same question back, why would he not have been dismissed by now, but that would be simply uncouth to do. After all, the topic wasn't on him, no, it was on her. What in her was that interesting thing that kept him strutting around near to her?

"I could weave a tale about what my Lady could want, but I am not one to share tall tales to make myself seem better", Spring smiled at her, stepping to stand on the counter before the Queen of Thorns. Spreading his wings out, the few flaps he made with them generated a series of minute gusts that travelled along her thorns and skin. "There are not many places outside Her Royal Eminence's domain where we shapechanging wyverns are not hunted. But that is just why I felt I could be safe coming to this place, the Queen's Tavern. Now why do I feel the draw to the Queen herself? Well, I'm no stranger to conversing with royalty, so that hardly deters me. Which leaves only all that which summons me in turn. You are powerful and dangerous, no doubt, but in the same instance generous and kind. Nothing that I have seen you do is unreasonable to the transgression or plans of. Wise and intelligent are you as well, proven to best plotters of devious sorts. And the looks, they go without saying. Are these reasons not plenty?" he laid out several nonspecific but already gleaned attributes of the host.

The miniature wyvern folded his wings once more and took a couple steps closer, one talon of his wing-arm tapping at one of the vines moving along her body near to the bust that she had brought towards the counter in her leaning. "All of these qualities put together amount to a personal interest in you, Lady Rose. Things I had heard lot of, but have been able to ascertain now." He looked up from the vine and the bust behind it, gaze landing back on her glowing eyes. "As I have no tasks to my name for some time, I chose to see what could come of it all while I have the chance. A messenger's timetable is a messy one." While he heard the voice belonging to a vaguely familiar looking shape and lights speak nearby, this certainly wasn't the time to look away. He wasn't going to give the impression of being bashful, for that he was not.

UndeadEyes

Mama Undead
Staff member
Horde Leader
Nov 5, 2020
Level
Awards
www.youtube.com
Looking to the Wyvern now standing center with her, she leaned down lower on the counter, her breasts pressing onto the surface enough to squish below her to the point it could have overflowed from her top were it not properly fitted "Flattery gets you nowhere..." She told him, tapping him on the top of his head with her long nail.

A new glass of rose wine was set down beside the wyvern, which her hand that tapped him swooped up to cup with the stem below her fingers. Straightening her back, her head shifted toward the second floor moments before a body came flying over. It was the man who had attempted to drug one of the women. A guard was already on it and, one small scuffle later, the man was on his way out--apparently the painful way.

The individual who had become airborne landed flat on a table where cards were being played, causing the table to break below his weight and crash into the floor. Clicking her tongue in a 'ho-hum' sort of way, clearly unfazed by the scene given it happened often enough. Well, not that often, at least not for the reason it was happening now. Usually, it was normal drunkenness. Brazen attempts at drugging women was far less comment. Men knew better than to do such in her tavern.

Two more guards latched onto the man's arms and legs, hauling him from the wreckage he'd caused by his fall. A trail of crimson droplets followed behind them, which was then followed by a vine that had sneaked its way out from below her dress, growing a single white rose. Each drop of blood was sucked into the tip of the vine, blotching the white rose red.

"He will not like the outcome anymore than he does now..." She commented softly, turning back to the wyvern while resting the crystal glass against her lower lip. "The local authority will not be pleased to hear of his actions..."

Hekazu

Menagerie Warden
Nov 11, 2020
Level
Awards
Spring stood his ground with Lady Rose leaning in closer, though to be suddenly bopped on the head with a nail certainly caught him by surprise? Flattery? He puffed in annoyance at the idea, lifting one wing to brush the point that she had tapped on. And so he reached forward with his other wing and bopped her on the presented chest past the nets criss-crossing over the breasts. "Well I'm not going to start lying about my reasons, or calling you things you are not", he vented his gripes with her response towards him. Not that there seemed to be much discussing those things immediately as a contained bout of mayhem had just finished brewing, and he'd have to spring past Lady Rose's back to see what was going on.

Indeed, someone was getting evicted from the premises, and most efficiently at that. Spring raised a wing to his chin and nodded a few times. "No room for predators in this establishment. I am not surprised", he noted, the wing coming back down to his side. That he would be dealt with by the local authorities was another thing, as most of what he'd observed during his visit had had more to do with the internal arrangements of the things. Almost as if what happened within these walls would also stay within them, but that wasn't right. Never could have been.

With her turning back to him, Spring offered a few contemplative nods at her words. "I infer the local lords and ladies care of such transgressions, then. It is not everywhere that one could trust justice be served if the perpetrator was released to the hands of the law." He took a few steps back and spread his wings out, wiggling his rear for a second before he jumped into the air and with a few beats of his wings made a loop around Lady Rose's head and descended back upon her shoulder. On landing he held a pose with his knees bent and wings spread out wide to his side for roughly a second, but as he confirmed he had solid ground under his feet he straightened himself up again and tucked his wings. "I've been to many lands, and the constabulary has not always been that trustworthy. Sometimes bringing a crime to their attention would only make things worse. Thankfully there is no such thing in my Lady's domain."

Carefully seating himself down on Lady Rose's shoulder, he looked at her from the corner of his eye. "But to go back to the previous topic, I can be more concise if you are bored of courtier talk", he offered, clearing his throat. "I think you are beautiful and strong, and I'm hoping to see more, if not all, of you. Not on a mission for anyone." There. Cut the flattery. Be thrown out if it gets to that, but he doubted she'd take offence of that sort when she heard far worse leers on an hourly basis.

Oct 14, 2022
Awards

"T
he moment you have all been waiting for, our main event for the day."
The crowd talker amplified his magic for all to hear. "Our reigning champion Artemis The God Slayer versus five of the finest warriors come to test her mettle. Will they force her to draw her sword, or will she defeat them all once again with her bare hands? Watch closely, for you might miss the fight. We are accepting all forms of bet until the match begins. Now let's bring in our challengers." A barbarian, a knight, an assassin, an archer, and a battle mage enter the arena. "From the lands of Astathan, under the rule of the Doomweaver Clan, Ghard the Barbarian said to have killed dragons with his hands. The Knight Sir Hancock from the Kingdom of Celestine. A knight with impeccable sword skills. From the forests of Leternia The Elf archer Inarie and his sister the battle mage Talilia!" The crowd talker added emphasis on each of their names to garner a roar from the crowd. "And now... The one you have all been waiting for. The scourge of the nether realm. Angels call her the God Slayer! Demons call her the crimson berserker! We call her the Champion of Sita! A warrior who has only drawn her sword once in our arena! Artemis Khan!" The crowd's uproar as she walked out was deafening. She walks onto the battlefield. Staring at her enemies, the menace coming from her presence made her opponents become more on edge as she entered the arena. Her eyes didn't see opponents, they saw victims. Green orbs honed in on the weakest of them. Artemis knew that this was a lopsided fight and she would have to kill at least one of them. Though which one it would be determined in the battle,

Artemis took her sword from her hip and stabbed the blade in the ground, then she stepped in front of it. These warriors were unphased by this gesture but they still approached with caution. Artemis seemed to be more careless with her approach as she leisurely strode towards her five opponents. The barbarian was the first to get close enough to strike her, followed by the knight. The secret Artemis held with her was the four centuries of fighting experience. How many times had she felt death's embrace? How many times had she returned? She faces mortality with fearlessness the same way she did the first time she had died. The knight and the barbarian attacked together. Smart. She caught the exposed shaft of the battle axe the barbarian swung. Defending the knight's vertical slash. That's when the pluck of a bow string entered her ear and she looked at the Elf, brother and sister. Using her enhanced strength, she shoved both the knight and the barbarian into a tumble over each other with enough time to catch the arrow and snap it in her grip. The archer draws again. Artemis springs her legs into a sprint that startled the Inarie when she approached him. He released a second arrow that grazed her cheek but did not flinch Artemis in her attack. Inarie reaches for his dagger as Artemis' fist collides with his face, sending Inarie into a violent Tumble.

"Cast!" Talilia shouted with an echo in her voice that was generated by magic. Artemis rolls under the fireball.

Why only kill one when you can kill them all? Ruin's voice came into her head as felt the lust for blood build in her. As the axe came crashing down, Artemis rolled back out of the way of the heavy blade. Directly into the knight's sword. The blade came swiftly with a stab at her face. They were really trying to kill her. This revelation brought a smile to her face. Her hands grip the blade and rip it from the knight. She strikes him with the pummel of the sword while he is off balance. Rising to her feet to meet the barbarian using the cross guard of the sword to hook the axe shaft and pull it towards her, controlling the blade, she shoves the pummel into the barbarian's face. The knight shoved his blade into her back. The pain made Artemis growl and turn to face the knight, swinging the sword and punching the crossguard of the sword into the helm of the knight. Sir Hancock went stiff and fell to the ground, blood pooling under his helmet in the dirt. The crowd cheers on the brutality of the fight. Artemis pulls the dagger from her back with a guttural groan. Throwing it to the dirt so she could catch the barbarian's axe. She lifts her foot into a hard kick to his groin, putting the barbarian on his knees.

"Cast!" The battle mage fired another blast of fire at Artemis, axe still in hand with a mighty grunt she throws the heavy battle axe at the mage. The fireball incinerates the shaft, but the head of the axe strikes the mage in the chest. A magic shield was used to defend the mage. The force knocks her into a wall.

"Talilia!" the archer shouts. His falter in focus was enough time for Artemis to pull the sword from the knight's skull blood coated guard. Artemis grips the blade properly. Twirling the fallen knight's sword in her hand as she adjusts to the weight. Inarie shot an arrow at her head, with a twirl she knocks the arrow away. Then she sprints in a zigzag movement towards him. He can't track her fast enough to hit with an arrow. Artemis closes in like a predator to prey. Her eyes dilated, a sickening smile stretched across her face. She swings the sword and severs Inarie's head as he draws his dagger. The swing meant to defend her strike slowed as the life left his body. Talilia stumbles from the rubble of the wall she smacked into so hard it left rubble around her. Talilia reaches for her staff and it vaults in her hand. The crystal on the top glowed a deep red.

"Ca-!" Artemis cuts off Talilia's spell command, grabbing her throat. With no hesitation, the sword she took from one of her dead opponent's is thrust into Talilia's chest. Artemis lets them both drop Talilia's body slides down the blade. Artemis walks away and picks up her sword. Something she didn't need to use. Perhaps the next time she competes, there will be stronger warriors. The crowd's thirst for blood was as insatiable as Ruin's, and she fed off the thrill. Now she would go to the Taver and lick her wounds until the next time she was required to appear.

Artemis Khan, or The God slayer, they called her. Born of an ancient race that has long gone extinct, aside from herself. The Elatu, once a race of warriors, long forgotten in the sands of time. Artemis is alive because of a devilish demon lord that tricked her into becoming their paladin during the separation wars. After serving a century under him as his undying knight. She freed herself from the depths of hell and returned to a very different world. One she hardly recognized but still survived in. Just like every time she enters the world, there are those who wish to see violence. Artemis loved to supply that violence with maximal brutality. Much like she had done today in the arena. With five opponents beat, none of them had made her draw the sword at her hip. That earned her the name God Slayer, the sword's name is God Slayer. The demon that lives in the blade is Ruin, a demon of rage from the river of fire that runs through hell. It's been nearly three hundred years since they first met and in that time, she has only unleashed Ruin twice. Now she lives the life of a champion, from the Arena she goes to the Queen's Tavern. A place she frequented after victories. She storms through the door, not any more menacing than usual, truthfully she was as graceful as an ox when she wasn't in battle. Artemis found her table, the one in the dark corner where she could eat, drink and brood. A server came to her table and knew that she wanted excess drink and food.

UndeadEyes

Mama Undead
Staff member
Horde Leader
Nov 5, 2020
Level
Awards
www.youtube.com
"Unfortunately, I only do my strip-tease on the weekends..." Her voice was flat, but the humor was there was intended--if lightly. Tilting back the glass of wine that rested on her lip, she took a slow but long sip of the ruby-red liquid. Drawing it away, she let her hand stay raised as she folded her free arm below her breasts to cup her elbow on the opposite side while the glass stayed elevated. "Bit of a slut are you, Wyvern?"

Again, jest, for he was far from the first man to imply their desire to see more of her and her body. Then again, she had some rather impressive assets on her that, even if not attractive to all, were something people still wanted to see. Then again, breasts in general were fun for all. Gay, straight, young and old. Everyone could enjoy a nice set of tits...and tits she had.

The sound of the doors being barreled through caused many in the tavern to shift, though she just took another sip of wine while listening to the heavy steps of someone heading for the darker corners of the room. "It seems our little warrior has come to visit..." She knew the sounds of that woman well and, despite some cracked doors from time to time, really had nothing against her...yet.

As the server who took Artemis's order came running over to put it in, the queen's vines extended out to gently tap her on the shoulder, drawing her gaze.

"Tell her it is on me tonight... She can have as much as she likes..."

"Are you sure? You know she makes orders in quantity..."

"Do I look broke to you?" She asked, more in curiosity of why the woman was worried than insulted by her words.

"No, Ma'am. I'll ensure she knows this."

Drawing back her vine, she shifted her head to the Wyvern on her shoulder. "Do you wish to be of full size again or are you content on my shoulder for the time?"

Hekazu

Menagerie Warden
Nov 11, 2020
Level
Awards
Only on weekends? Well, whether that was true or not, and he assumed not, he couldn't stay around to find out. "Oh, that doesn't fit my upcoming schedule at all I'm afraid. Any chance for a private showing?" he smirked with a lean closer towards her cheek. There was no desperation in his voice, just good cheer to accompany the apparent joke that had been made at him, and per the answer that followed received well. Spring simply couldn't help but burst into a fit of bright laughter when he was called a slut.

Containing himself after a good few seconds, he wiped a tear from under his eye with one of his talons and shook his head. "Oh please, it isn't the mad one who asks, is it?" he fired back. "I'm not tracking every good looking pair you know. I'm discerning", he adopted a faux-haughty pose and gestured with his wing. Yet before he could continue on with their fun banter, Lady Rose's attention was once again needed elsewhere. A new arrival, he could see. And he could feel, as his circlet thrummed on his locks. "Oh, one of the more notable clientele", he noted as he lifted his right shin on his left knee and leaned back on Lady Rose's shoulder, observing this brief exchange just as well. Not that there was too much to it. He wasn't going to fly on over on his own, and with the air this new arrival had around her he wasn't sure he wanted to either without backup close at hand.

But Lady Rose did ask him a pertinent question, that being if he wanted to remain small or get back to his full size now. Spring plucked his lip with one talon, considering his options. "Well, I'm rather comfortable here now that I've got somewhat used to this and I am not parched just yet, so I'd like to play accessory for a bit longer if you do not mind", he responded with a smile and shifted his butt a little up on her shoulder, one wing reaching for a lock of her hair for support should she begin moving in short order. "But now that you mention it, why the spell to begin with? Easier to take an admirer onto your lap when he's small enough to fit there without leaning on the cushions, or?" he half-teased.

Oct 14, 2022
Awards
Artemis sat at her table the stab wound in her back had been stitched closed but still tender as she leaned forward. Her head rises to meet the waitress that had taken her order returns to the table. "Lady Rose has informed me that your order is on the house tonight." She told the champion.

"In that case I will take six jugs of mead, and one of everything from the kitchen." Artemis said as she took her current mug she was working on standing and walking towards Lady Rose who had a Wyvern, must have been a new pet, Artemis thought as she approached. While she had spent her mortal and much of her immortal life as a warrior, she was still a woman in many ways, and her physical prowess as a warrior did not take away from her lush Junoesque figure. Even if she wasn't as voluptuous as the queen of thorns. Artemis had the male attraction in many other ways, curvaceous in her own right. The pteruges swayed with her hips as she approached emerald eyes fell on both Lady Rose and the Wyvern with her. Though they had a crimson shimmer within them depending on how the light of the tavern came across them. Some of the men within the tavern, none of them were of nobility, all of them were from the less savory side of her clientele Mercenaries and swords for hire. "Madam Rose, to what do I owe such a kind gesture?" She asked. Artemis was definitely curious about this being that she might eat Lady Rose out of business. Probably not but she could really pack it away. Even the Wyvern looked like a small snack that she could eat, after cooking over a fire.

UndeadEyes

Mama Undead
Staff member
Horde Leader
Nov 5, 2020
Level
Awards
www.youtube.com
"The bar is crowded and it seemed you were not intent to leave me be, so it was easier to have you around perched upon my shoulder than trying to squeeze your wings through the crowds that gather..." She answered quite honestly, again leaning the crystal glass upon her lower lip, the full skin pressing into it and expanding from the pressure. "I suppose you are far from the first seeking my favor."

Tilting back the glass, she drank what remained in one go. A bit less than lady-like, but still done with an odd sense of sovereignty. Placing the glass down upon the bar, she glanced at her new friend, much like a captain would his parrot. "I have slept with many creatures in my years, but a wyvern has not been one I thought to plunder. Unfortunately, at least for you, it is still not quite on my lists of interests at this time."

When he attempted to place a claw into her hair, which was tied quite tightly, a vine extended to take the grip of his talons. "You may use the fabric of my neck-piece," which was quite large and made a heart around the back of her head--though,he was likely sitting inside of it due to its size, "but my hair should be left alone. One small tug and the entire thing has to be undone to be redone..."

Hearing then the footsteps coming in her direction, she shifted her stance, dress dragging across the wooden floors as she turned to meet the warrior who came barring a simple question. Such a simple question came with a simple answer. A light smile crossed her ruby lips and she gave another gentle shrug. "Because I can... Warriors must eat, yes? As long as you do not become drunk and act as a fool, then there shall be no trouble in what I wish to grace upon others."

A shout came from somewhere in the tavern above, followed by a thud. In a second, the vines erupted around the three, weaving quickly to form a barrier as a chair slammed down center on the dome, shattering into pieces that scattered across the room. Unfazed by such, she did not skip a beat in her regal demeanor and gently reaching to her wine glass that had survived the shrapnel when the dome began to retreat. Tapping it with her nail gently, she smiled to the tender who was staring now in their direction. "While I have your attention, dear. If I could get one more."

With the vines now returned to hiding under the gown of the queen, her glass was filled and she lifted it, gently cupping her elbow again as she held the drink high for access. "A pity that this is why I cannot give the tavern nicer furnishing."

Hekazu

Menagerie Warden
Nov 11, 2020
Level
Awards
Ah well, that was a fair enough answer. He had indeed not been looking to leave her alone that easily. But she far overestimated how much space his wings needed. Considering the size of some of the clients present, though apparently nobody else was at her heels than him, he wasn't even one of the larger ones! And he was quite deft, something one had to learn to duck and weave within courts. "I've travelled in far worse conditions. Once it fell unto me to deliver a message through a carnival to one of the lesser royalty attending the celebrations. In mask, too. That was a squeeze and a half to make it all the way. Thankfully one of the times of the year when even a wyvern gets to show off without being immediately targeted… the hunters have a hard time telling who is wearing a costume and who just is like that!"

But speaking of wyverns, well wasn't that just what he had wanted to hear. That she enjoyed the company of many, many sorts but he wasn't going to be one of them. Just say you are not interested and move on, you don't have to rub it in like that! Sure, he was not the first and he would not be the last, but still he rolled his eyes with a sigh as her vine caught his talons. "Right, I get it. Little harsh to flaunt it like that, but it could have been worse. Still, I hope you don't mind if I tag along for just a bit longer? I still feel it's safer up here than it'd be milling about all on my own", he wanted to confirm with her, and it turned out more or less immediately that he had been right with the way the apparent warrior was eyeing him.

Before the shout rang out, Spring adjusted the circlet on his head with his talons, adopting a frown on his visage. "Hey, don't you look at me like that! I'm not going to chomp down on you after just meeting you! And that's not even mentioning that I have a face! I'm not even in my wyvern form!" Spring climbed up to his two feet and retreated two steps deeper into the collar of Lady Rose's, supporting his new stance with his claws on the collar and one foot pressed against her neck, the other wing resting by his knee to avoid being chastised from trying to get support from the wrong place again. "And if it's something my liege said, didn't anyone tell you to not shoot the-"

His sentence was cut short by the sudden arrival of the chair upon the dome, the wyvern glancing over his shoulder with a belated "…messenger?" Well. That hadn't been aimed at him, right? What was this all about? Yes, double the reason to remain close to Lady Rose for as long as she would have him. Even if they'd spend the night itself apart. Though then again, departing only at that stage would be sad. He'd have to think on what would be a good time. Likely soon. But definitely not until the immediate dangers had passed.

Oct 14, 2022
Awards
Artemis took her attention away from Lady Rose and the Wyvern that made itself comfortable around her neck. Artemis herself had met many dragons of different breeds and intelligence. They varied, and while some had been friends, many more had been enemies. A smile crosses her lips as she thinks about the times she had faced powerful adversaries. Beasts and man alike. The dome covered the three of them and a chair reduced to splinters by an unknown assailant from above them in the upper levels of the tavern. Once released from the confines of the rose thorn vine dome. Artemis smiled at Lady Rose and took her leave from her side. She didn't pay anymore attention to the Wyvern on her shoulder. Instead, she ventured to investigate where the chair had come from and who had thrown it. From the top of the stairs, she could see the server placing dishes on her table. Her stomach growled with the ferocity of a starving ogre. But she still wanted to find the origin of the splintered chair.

May 22, 2022
Awards
Tess had managed to slip away from the lady and bar itself, never the one to stay too close to the crowd or where everyone wanted to be. The sea creature moved with a form of grace to what she thought would be a safe path, however a chair shattered upon hitting lady roses barrier. This of course caused a few irritated looks.

With a sigh she picked some of the pieces off of herself and once more headed up to her usual perch on the second floor. Lady rose was in good company and with Artemis around there was never any worries to be had. If anything Tess felt that the warrior would make sure to instigate a fight if any were to be had. Only though for entertainment purposes and of course to show the might that was apart of this tavern. There could possibly be other reasons but she really wasn't sure of any other known reasons. But who would be?

It was like looking at her. A creature of the sea and not much known other than she was close to being pretty and that she was known to cause pain, even numbness. It was simply face, for all she knew Artemis could have a very noble or dark reason for their actions.

This was simply too much, with a lady like manner she sat once more and took another sip of sake.

UndeadEyes

Mama Undead
Staff member
Horde Leader
Nov 5, 2020
Level
Awards
www.youtube.com
Turning to the tender who was watching on with curiosity, the queen smiled softly and motioned with her hand, though only to draw attention to herself to let him know she planned to speak to him. "Let us consider bolting down the tables on our next closure for cleaning... It seems it may be wise to take more precautions..."

Though said bolts might not stop the extremely strong from causing turmoil and havoc in her tavern using its furniture, it could likely deter those who simply wanted to throw things in rage.

"And...the chairs?" The tender asked, raising a brow at the idea of chairs that could not move.

To this, she shook her head slowly. "No, my dear, such would be silly to do... I will conjure a spell to hold chairs to the floor when the energy of the toucher indicates that it shall be used as a projectile..."

"Very well. I will make note of your order for the workers come our closure." The tender nodded his head and then turned back to the work at hand--dirty dishes and thirsty patrons along the bar.

It was then a shout was heard as a body flew from the floor above. On the floor below, a ogre of a man (somewhat literally) caught the flying being by the front of his garb and turned, slamming his body down on the ground. On all floors, numerous patrons were actually hired hands to deal with trouble. The true guards, who stood at doors and dealt with the minor conflicts by looking imposing, were not as often to take place in roughhousing with the guests.

"You broke chair..." The intimidating creature snarled at the frightened face of a rather shaggy looking man. "You go home now."

The man, staring in fear, looked between the face of the beast holding him down and the beast looking over the railing of the second floor who had tossed him down.

"YOU GO HOME!?" The beast nearly growled.

"Y-yes! I go home!" The man shouted back, his words nearly swallowed by fear.

All the while, the queen watched quietly, seemingly unconcerned about the rough nature of her hired hands. They knew the rules and that harming someone for something so small came with a punishment all on its own. Fear tactics made people leave, especially humans. The human at the center of attention was hauled to his feet and set down rather hard, spun around roughly and shoved toward the door. The man didn't hesitate to hurry out passed an entering patron.

Given these things weren't that uncommon, half the room had already stopped paying attention and those who had continued to watch finally went back to what they were doing prior.

Lifting her glass from the counter, she reached up with her free hand and rubbed her index finger on the little wyvern's head while walking back toward the fireplace and her chair. "Are you entertained, my friend?"

Hekazu

Menagerie Warden
Nov 11, 2020
Level
Awards
At this point, Spring could hardly say he was surprised to observe these events happen. Someone got to stirring up trouble, that someone soon got their posterior handed to them. Rather crudely, mind, but it was better than the kind of flogging that would happen at the courts he usually served. And what was this tavern but the Lady's court, no matter how she dressed it? Looking at all the rumours, this simply was how she had decided to live her days. An exciting life. Never a dull moment. He could appreciate the sentiment of it. Settling down comfortably, pronouncedly out of view of the swordswoman he had got to defending himself from, he elected to keep to his previous plan and ride along with the Queen for the time being.

Her questing finger meeting with his head was greeted in turn by one of his wings, his small talons coming to contact with her skin as he returned the gesture as best as he could. "Your domain is fascinating. So much trouble, but none at me so far. Perhaps I should not travel alongside you if I wanted peace and quiet… but I don't", he flashed a grin at her. With Artemis left behind he returned to a more open position, seating himself at the front area of her collar so that his legs dangled out on the front, scales brushing on the web of fabric the bust of her dress consisted of.

"I wonder if there was some hidden agenda to that scene too", he added casually, tilting his head for effect. "Lots of those here as of late. But I'm no great intelligencer. Still, perhaps this time the lot favours yours truly. I'm going to say that that one was just drunken foolishness." A short pause followed, broken finally by a smirk at Lady Rose. "This is the spot where you tell me that I am wrong, isn't it? That it most certainly was some spy trying to figure out how durable your furniture is, or compare it to your head with the benefit of 'surprise'." He chortles at the end of the sentence, shaking his head. "At this point I'm more than certain you know everything going on in the main space. And I wouldn't be surprised if you knew something about the back rooms too when you needed to. But they might be more private out of respect to your clients, no?"

All those things said, he set his wings on his lap and stretched his feet out. "But you know, its nice to see that there are places outside my liege's domain where we more monster-like can be at ease, at home even. Whether we are desired by Your Highness or not." The kind of desire in the latter sentence was an obvious nod to how she had in very clear terms shot him down earlier. "Many kinds hired here too. If only Her Royal Eminence was not nearly as wanted as Your powerful self, I might even suggest She visit this place Herself. But perhaps a contact in correspondence will have to do. After all, I won't be sad to come to visit more often."

Cog

Staff member
Horde Soldier
Sep 21, 2022
Awards
1691121620825.png

Laurent unfolded the letter reading it one more time; as he saw his location, he smiled before folding the letter carefully and placing it back under his poncho. The giant of a man standing over 8 feet tall adjusted his appearance before readjusting his grip on his cane and moving forward towards the entrance. Even at this distance, he could hear the sounds of talking, music and shouting within the establishment's walls. As he approached, he saw the door opening, and this seemingly nervous or scared man quickly left the tavern quickly, moving past him as he continued to glance over his shoulder. Laurent could not stop the chuckle as he watched the man until he turned the corner and wondered if Rose might have had something to do with that. He did wonder why Rose wanted to invite him, but he would have his answers soon, and he could not help but wonder if it was just her that wanted him to come.

Time to get some answers, and with that, he moved to enter the building; he did have to duck a good bit to enter the building awkwardly, but once he was past the threshold, he righted himself, and he braced himself to hit something with his head. As he stood up straight fully, he realized that this place was built for those of his size in mind, and he ever saw some inhumans that seemed to hover around his side, sitting alongside various other humans and non-humans. The letter did tell him that the tavern would have things familiar to him and some things not so familiar, but almost instantly, he felt the warmth within this place. Just as quickly, he saw Rose, and the smile that came to his lips could be helped. As he began to move, one of the workers called over to him, saying," Sit where you like! Someone will take care of you in a minute!"

Laurent nodded, but he knew where he was moving to already. He did get some looks being a newcomer, but much unlike back home, the other patrons returned to what they were busy with. As he entirely took in Rose, he was a bit surprised by how regal she looked, but it fit her, and he wondered if the creature on her should be some kind of pet. As he got closer, he saw that it was some wyvern, but at this point, his attention was entirely on the Queen. With a smile, he bowed at the waist and waited until he righted his spine before speaking," I received your invite. I must say this is... grander than I expected, but I like it."

Despite his words, the smile and look in his eyes told anyone that saw that he had been looking forward to talking to Rose. This also got a few more eyes on him, as some were now curious why this new person made a B-line for the Queen.

UndeadEyes

Mama Undead
Staff member
Horde Leader
Nov 5, 2020
Level
Awards
www.youtube.com
"I intended to do no such thing." She countered his accusations calmly, drawing her hand away when he decided to adjust his perch to the front of her collar. "Dimensional rifts and portals are easier if she fears the travel... One need not go through endless danger to visit... Of course, it does seem you are intent to visit, which tells me you will avoid mentioning such offers..."

Her bright white eyes shifted toward the door before they opened to the tavern's new guest. "I am unsure of what backrooms you speak of... This is a tavern, young Wyvern, not a brothel..."

Shifting her head as a figure rounded her throne of vines, a light smile crossed her lips. A tall one indeed. His legs alone blocked the heat of the fire and cast a shadow across the Queen and her companion.

"Dear sweet Laurent, if this is grand, we must truly expand your horizon..." Placing her free hand on the armrest of her hair, she let the vines help push her to stand, glass of wine still in her left. "This seems quaint compared to LaQuin..." Despite not being a known variant, it seemed she had the memories of the maiden who had worked in the castle. "You should sit before your legs buckle..."

Extending her empty hand, fingers gently uncurling with the motion, vines rose from the floor and began to build a second chair, one taller than most patrons in the room. Of course, a man standing nearly nine-feet needed a chair both high and with a tall back to support him.

Drawing her hand toward her, she motioned then to the miniature wyvern seated on the collar of her gown. "Dear Laurent, this here is my new friend, Spring... A wyvern who is visiting. I shrunk him to current size to make our travel and chat easier through the tavern..." Tapping the Wyvern then on the wing with the tip of her long nail, she motioned to the giant man. "My friend, this is Laurent Hurst of LaQuin... A close acquaintance of mine from the past."