Odin's Hall, general request thread

Nov 19, 2020
Awards
Original ideas always welcome; have an idea that's not here? PM me.
Roleplaying status:
partners mysteriously got vanished by the CIA, need new partners!
All stories can have the character genders reversed or changed according to my and my partners' preferences.

This thread will by my main collection spot for any plots that fit my subjective and arbitrary definition of what is general and what isn't. Consider that your warning on how subjective and arbitrary I truly am.

All my partners are expected to know that I generally maintain the rule that the person that requests the RP should make an effort to also write the opening post, but depending on the story that might be impossible/hard. In that case, whoever it makes most sense for to write the opening post writes the opening post. If you, as a rule, don't write opening posts: don't contact me.

As you can tell I am not afraid to be a little picky in who I write with. I think that it's important for everyone (not just me) to find partners that are willing to put in the effort, and personally I love reciprocating effort. On the other hand, we've all been on the receiving end of horror stories involving horror partners, so I am sure that most of you will understand and relate to pickiness. Regardless of who you are, thanks for taking the time to visit my thread and read it, even if we don't end up becoming writing partners.

Original

Name: Arranged Destitution
Themes: modern, arranged marriage, poverty, class struggle
Potential themes: crime, revenge, heisting
Kinks: any

A woman from a rich family has, through a perversion or offense, managed to upset the patriarch of her family. In this day and age, arranged marriages are a thing of the past or for far away countries, but in rare cases, even the Western countries partake in it -- a rare kind of marriage reserved for people of status and wealth, in order to ensure that that status and wealth does not go to the wrong person. The patriarch, in all his wisdom, does not punish the woman directly, and leads her to believe that she got away with her perversion or offense, only to one day be alerted by a maid that she must pack her clothes and get ready to leave the estate for good.

She has been wedded to a man far, far below her status. The man lives in an impoverished part of town and is not particularly well off, mostly due to a criminal background. The once wealthy woman will be cut off from any and all kind of familial support, as her siblings and family members have sworn to cut contact with her to preserve their part of the inheritance. She is well and truly on her own, and with a good for nothing husband to boot.
Name: Wasteland Warriors
Themes: post-apocalyptic, raider duo, survival, savagery
Potential themes: (needless) violence

They first met eachother under the employ of Volkswagen Khan, the ferocious raider that drove, obviously, a Volkswagen. After two years in the raider clan, the two of them dipped out together ahead of a battle they could not win, surviving by the virtue of not being present. They were labeled deserters, cowards, and all other kinds of names under the sun - but at least they were alive. For now. Khan had sent out a group of his finest raiders to hunt down the two deserters, lead by Mikaela the Mangy, the most dangerous and insane raider alive. Leaving the clan was something Khan did not tolerate.

Alone and hunted, the two of them need to survive, and the only way to do that is to stay on the run and perhaps one day take out the threat by the root. For them to live, Khan must die.
Name: Empire: The Dead Walk
Themes: medieval, post apocalypse, zombies, grim-dark
Potential themes: non/dub-con, horror

1066 A.D., the Norman conqueror of England has just succesfully beaten his enemies at the battle of Hastings, but a new threat looms in the dark corners of the kingdom of England. The dead... walk. Unkillable by conventional means, the undead come out at night and retreat during the day. Villages fall and, quickly, the entire kingdom of England burns. The survivors of this unthinkable curse of God are holed up in the largest cities, with London being the main bastion that remains safe in this trying time.

The king is dead! Long live the king, errr, queen! The cries of towncriers spreading the news of king William's untimely death at the hand of the undead blot out the sounds of happy people. Happy because their king is dead, as he was rather incompetent when it came to dealing with the walking dead that now ruined much of Englands beauty. The new queen is a young woman, related to William the Conqueror, albeit with questionable heritage. Her appearance came from nowhere, but she has the backing of some major political factions within England -- her ruthless and daring nature earning much favor among the nobility and common folk alike.

The new queen was permanently flanked by an unknown figure, a blonde knight of a family of no renown and no honor. Had they known who he was, and what he had done, then the queen might've been de-throne instantly. But the secret was well kept -- all who knew it save the queen and the knight were killed unceremoniously.

The king never even saw the sword coming when it chopped him down from behind. To make a queen, you have to slay a king. But don't you know? Royalty comes at a price. A price that not everyone can pay.
[floatleft]Name: A new world
Themes: tribalism, adventure, story
Potential themes: slavery, racism.
Kinks: any[hr]

A new world. In this roleplay, you are in control of a tribe of people/beings that have just become sentient, or perhaps have been sentient for a time now. You must guide them through the ages and determine what they do -- you will, through storytelling, determine their path into the future. The world this takes place in is up to us, but the tribe must be yours: I expect you to create a small overview of the tribe, who they are, what they look like, and a general sense of anything that is special about their culture.

Option 1: I will play as "god", and will essentially GM the world for your people through acting out the divine forces that smile upon, or are angry with your people.
Option 2: I will play as the environment and control other tribes/being/animals to help form an understanding for you on what to do next, essentially playing out "special events."
Name: Back in Time: Archeon
Themes: time travel, reenactment, history
Potential themes: N/A

Archeon is a "practical" museum in the Netherlands that recreates several periods of history and allows visitors to walk through them. This goes accompanied by hired reenactors that will help the visitors understand whatever age they're currently looking at. This ranges from hunter-gatherer women and men sitting around a fire performing daily tasks, to medieval blacksmiths, to a look inside of a Roman barracks. But...

what if one of these reenactors were to somehow travel back in time during their reenactment, appearing fully in-role in front of those people she was mimicking?

In this roleplay I want to play around with a modern person traveling back in time (how cliché) and exploring a different era. The backdrop is the Archeon museum but there's no real need to know anything about it other than the concept of the museum itself. Are you interested in playing the traveler or the locals?

Fandom:

Name: Lord of the Rings: the Third Age
Themes: fandom, medieval, fantasy

Frodo Baggins, Samwise, Aragorn - son of Arathorn, Gimli and Legolas may have been the heroes that carried the ring under orders of Gandalf the Grey, later Gandalf the White, also known as Olórin. But it was always people like us -- the small people, with no noble lineage, god-given magical powers or long arduous task, that suffered the most and carried the brunt of the War of the Ring on our shoulders. Indeed, we had been fighting orcs for much longer than we even knew about the existence of the One Ring -- much less than it was in our grasp.
Name: Lord of the Rings: the Fourth Age
Themes: fandom, medieval, fantasy

Few Elves remain and the age of Man has begun -- Sauron is destroyed, the goblins, orcs and uruk-hai are no longer unified in their cause and for the first time in hundreds of years there is relative peace. But, the threat is not completely destroyed. Evil still lurks -- not just in the hearts of orc, uruk or goblin, but also in man, dwarf and whatever elves are left. Yes, Sauron was just one of many enemies.

I am looking for no specific roles in this RP as much as I am just interested in playing out the fourth age, and two characters (or a set of characters) that explore the world. Tolkien has only given us a fraction of a world, and there is yet more to discover and uncover. Join me in an adventure, would you?
Name: Naruto: Black Sun
Themes: fandom, anime, shonen, somber
Potential themes: war, murder/bloodshed, betrayal

It's a new era, and many people believe that there is peace. But appearances can be deceiving; and so are shinobi. The truth is that the five nations have an uneasy alliance, which rests entirely on Naruto's ability to balance the four other villages' interests while Sasuke deals with any problems that need a more direct approach. It's the era of Boruto, Sarada and their ilk -- sons and daughters of great heroes.

The rest of the world has forgotten Amegakure, and it is widely known that the heroes of Amegakure, Nagato Uzumaki, Konan and Yahiko, are seen as nothing more than criminals. This could, of course, not be further from the truth.

An underdog in perpetuity, it falls to Amegakure to resolve a situation that threatens the entire world, as smaller villages are slowly being removed from the map by an unknown force. With the five kage too busy arguing between themselves, there will be no response to the requests for help; Amegakure stands alone at the threshold, and they're next on the list for whoever is doing this.