Fantasy Moderate Advance Open Grey's Plot Repository

Before posting or bumping:

Feb 17, 2022
Awards
Hey everyone! The name's Grey Lady (obviously), but you're welcome to call me Grey, Lady, or even "Hey you weird chick." I'll answer to anything that isn't too insulting. For those to whom it matters, I'm 25, and have been writing online for around half my life. So I'm not a newcomer to the game. I have been rather short on both stories and inspiration for a while, but my muse is finally back and I'm looking to get back into the game. New site, new me, and all that. Anyhow, I know the last thing anyone wants is to have to read through a whole diatribe of expectations, so I'll try to not to write too much on that, but admittedly there is a lot of important information to cover, and I'll try to address all the major points. If you're left with questions about anything, though, do feel free to reach out to me- I'm always happy to clarify. Now, let's get to the details of what sort of partner I am, and what sort I'm looking for!
  • My availability varies based on 1) How busy I am in real life, and 2) how much I'm inspired by our story. Sometimes I can post multiple times a day, sometimes it's closer to once a week. Some stories will be even slower, depending on what I agree on with my partners. Unless stated otherwise, though, my goal is 1 post a week.
    • My expectations of my partner are pretty much the same. Unless we agree otherwise, I hope for a post a week. If you need a slower post schedule, let me know so that I know not to poke you sooner. I can work with most everything, but be advised that if the story is already slower paced, I tend to put more time and effort into longer posts, which means my responses will also be less frequent.
  • I tend to consider myself a relatively advanced writer. Probably level 3 or 4 on the site scale. I try to write a minimum of 3 paragraphs per post, unless in a situation that requires shorter posts (a rapid back-and-forth conversation, a fight scene, etc.) It's often longer than that, especially when I'm feeling inspired. And I try to keep on top of my grammar and spelling, although I'm still human, so I will definitely make mistakes here and there.
    • I prefer a partner who can match me in length (try for at least 3 paragraphs), as well as one who at least puts effort into spelling and grammar. Obviously, though, no one is perfect, so I get there will be mistakes! As long as I can tell what you're trying to say it shouldn't be a problem.
  • I am a multi-character writer! Whether that manifests as a dynamic cast of side characters, or even multiple main characters, I'll always have more than one. That's not negotiable, so please don't ask me to confine myself to just one. I find it limiting.
    • I have a preference for partners who are also open to writing multiple characters, even if that just means one or two recurring side characters. Multiple mains is also greatly appreciated. It gives a bit of variety. I will only write with a partner who has one main and no side characters if it's a GM/player dynamic. Otherwise I don't like feeling as though I'm carrying the whole cast myself.
  • I have a preference for female characters, but I do write males as well! However, I'll always have at least one female main.
    • I know that some people only play one gender of characters. However, I always ask that my partner plays at least one male main character. I am always happy to double, though, if you'd also like a leading lady of your own!
  • I strongly prefer mxf pairings. I can occasionally be talked into fxf or mxm if you've got a very tempting plot offer, but it would not have any explicit content in it (at most fade to black, if it got to that point.
    • Ideally, my partners should be okay with mxf pairings and willing to play the male in one. If you ask for anything else (an fxf or mxm pairing, or mxf with you playing the female) be prepared for me to ask you to double.
  • The part I'm sure a lot of people are looking for- the adult stuff. Please note that I do write explicit content, with a few rules. 1) Sexual content cannot be the main (or only) plotline, 2) It should enhance the plot or character relationships in some way (rather than just being there for the sake of having it.) and 3) It has some element of realism and real consequences to it (for example, I hate when people think non-con will lead to romance, or two people can just go at it with zero risk of pregnancy, even in settings with no effective birth control. It really takes me out of the story.) I reserve the right to refuse or end sexual content for any reason. Let's be honest, sometimes we get to it and we just don't click well. Doesn't mean I won't write with you. We can always switch to fade-to-black or whatnot. Please do not pressure me into writing adult content if I'm not feeling it at the moment. Other than that, I am open to most kinks, so long as they fall within site rules, assuming they make sense in the context of the story!
    • Some people write very smut/kink-heavy stories. If that's what you're looking for, I'm not the partner for you. I write for the plot, not just for smut, so I'd hope for partners who feel the same. Please be willing to put the same effort into character- and plot-building scenes as you do the sexy ones.
Whew! Sorry, I didn't mean to go on for that long. But anyhow, if I haven't managed to scare you off yet, why don't I get into the fun part- what I'm looking to write!
  • Genres:
    • My Green Light Genres (always happy to write) are: Historical (medieval-renaissance era or other ancient societies), low fantasy, and politically driven stories.
    • My Yellow Light Genres (will take some convincing) are: Mid-high fantasy, modern fantasy/supernatural, post-Industrial Revolution settings (without any fantasy elements), sci-fi, action/adventure stories, romance-centric stories (I'm always happy to have some romance in the story- here I'm referring solely to stories where romance is the main plotline.)
    • My Red Light Genres (I will never write these) are: Slice-of-life, pure smut-based stories.
  • Word Bank: (Some words and phrases to inspire possible ideas!)
    • Political/arranged marriages
    • Royal politics
    • Witches (medieval-era style)
    • Dragons!
    • GM/Player dynamic (I have some plot ideas for this if you're interested. Most are definitely politics-oriented, though. Otherwise, just ask and maybe we can come up with something?)
  • Fandoms: (Please understand that I rarely, if ever, write fandoms. You'd need a really convincing plot. More likely, I'd be interested in writing something inspired by them but non-canon.)
    • Game of Thrones
    • Downton Abbey
    • Multiple historical-fiction shows (The Borgias, The Medicis, Reign, etc. Pieces in those sort of settings/eras. You get the picture.)
    • A select few animes/mangas: Fairy Tail, Noragami, and Akatsuki no Yona
I'll add and remove from this section as needed. For now, though, I've got these two for your consideration.
YC was never meant to be king. And yet, somehow here he is, at his very own coronation. How he landed here is up to you. Perhaps he was a second/third son, or even cousin/nephew of the king who was suddenly rocketed to the head of the family due to an unfortunate accident (or even assassination.) Perhaps he took over in a military coup, or just so happened to marry the princess and only heir to the kingdom. He could even have gotten the spot through magical means, or even been mistaken for someone completely different! Whatever the case, though, he has inherited a kingdom on the brink of collapse from internal mismanagement and external pressures. With little to no previous political experience, he'd better start learning quick! Luckily for him, he's got plenty of people willing to "guide" him along. However, some of the best advice might come from the most unexpected of places.

I doubt you could have not realized this, but YC (or at least one of your main characters) would be the man who unexpectedly became king. Who would my character(s) be? Well, that will vary, especially given YC's exact role. Expect a wide cast with a wide variety of their own motivations for helping or hindering, though!
YC has always dreamed of being a hero, like the many legends he grew up hearing about. But there's a reason they're only legends- the age of heroes is long past. Magic all but disappeared with the fall of the great Tower of Knowledge, now only found among the small number of hedge witches whose power is minimal, and even then distrusted by the common folk. The kingdom is peaceful. Dragon sightings are few and far between, and they stick to the wilderness far away. There's a distinct lack of evil tyrants or mystical beasts for a hero to earn their fame defeating, much to YC's disappointment. But then, he hears a rumor, of a tower on a deserted island in the middle of the wilds, guarded by a dragon. And supposedly, the explorer who passed by saw a woman moving about inside. A damsel in distress, surely, waiting to be rescued from the ferocious beast that holds her captive! It's all too good of a chance for YC to pass up. But when he arrives, intent on winning fame and fortune, he discovers that not everything is as it seems. MC is no captive maiden. She's a powerful sorceress, one of the last few bastions of real magic left in the world- and none too happy to find an intruder in her sanctuary.

This is a fun little plot bunny that could go multiple ways. My main idea is that MC doesn't particularly want to kill YC, but she doesn't want to let him go either, since she doesn't want him revealing the location of her tower. So she gives him a choice- serve her, or be turned into toad/newt/other animal. YC presumably chooses option 1, and we see how their relationship develops from there.

To anyone who actually managed to make it through all that without thinking I'm a total nut job, congratulations! And if, by some chance, you actually think we'd be good partners, shoot me a pm- I look forward to hearing from you!