M for F Fantasy Action Adventure Romance Slice of Life Moderate Advance Open Welcome to Fantasia!

Exif

The Portal Guy
Aug 25, 2021
Awards
FANTASIA
Pairing: Princess X Knight.

It was a simple arrangement. The King would allow her to leave the castle and explore the world as she saw fit, but only on the condition that she be accompanied by a bodyguard. She hated it. She could take care of herself just fine! She was trained by the Captain of the Guard himself for crying out loud! Sure, it was behind the King's back, but everyone knew she had a sharp wit and a killer right hook. She didn't need some protector to hold her hand.

When the knight enlisted in the Academy, he thought he'd be out slaying dragons, rescuing villages, and having his feats of glory sung by bards in taverns. Guard duty was not his idea of a rewarding career. Yet, here he was anyway, just standing around, breaking up the occasional bar fight or chasing some petty thief. But a chance encounter with the princess may wind up changing everything. He'll go from guard duty... to bodyguard duty! Just his luck.

==========

BACKGROUND LORE
In a world where the seven continents were one, there was the land of Fantasia. Many races inhabit this great realm, but the most populous and influential were the mortal Men of Nadal, the long-lived Elves of Suniel, and the industrial Dwarves beneath the Iron Peak.

These three great kingdoms were tense neighbors who otherwise kept to themselves. Elves were the oldest and magically inclined, but their natural gifts eroded their wisdom into arrogance that looks down on all other races as primitives or savages. The Dwarves are very material and lean towards enchantment. They are gifted craftsmen with awe-inspiring technology that is matched only by their greed and stubbornness, both in politics and in battle. The mortal race of men are looked down upon by Elves and Dwarves alike. They aren't magically gifted like the Elves, nor is their technologically inclined like the Dwarves. They rest in the contemptible middle-ground, their fingers dipped in all specialities, but excelling in none. But they are recognized for their tenacity as a species. No matter what fate throws in their direction, the mortal race of Men always appear to bounce back and rebuild. They're also recognized for being aggressive. There have been more than one occasion where an ambitious human warlord attempted to claim Elven and Dwarven lands, only to be struck down each time. It is for this reason that no matter how much Elves and Dwarves may distrust or despise one another, they reserve a special contempt for Men.

These three races abided by the "live and let live" doctrine. So long as everyone stayed in their lane, no war would be waged. For centuries, this doctrine served them well.

But there was another province tucked in the darkest corner of Fantasia. Erebos, commonly referred to as the Shadowlands, was a breeding ground for violence, death, and war. Nomadic Orc tribes flowed from Erebos like an open wound, slaughtering and pillaging all in their path. Dragons erupted from the black clouds like angels of death, raining fire and destruction with every beat of their mighty wings. Trolls lurked in caves, ready to drag any unfortunate victim to a gruesome fate. In the center of this maelstrom of chaos sat its dark overlord, the Lich-King of Erebos.

Their identity lost even to themselves, the Lich-King has been the one constant in Fantasia. Though a formidable warrior, the Lich-King's greatest weapon was an artifact known as the Heart of Darkness. Fueled by the Lich-King's cruelty and evil, the Heart spreads corruption with every beat, twisting anything into a monstrous mockery of its former self. Erebos is what it is now because of the Heart's dark infection.

The Lich-King amassed an army of Orcs, Trolls, Dragons, and other horrors, and marched on Fantasia. Thousands fell to his hordes; cities were razed to the ground, men, women, and children killed or enslaved, and heroes who set out to defeat him only fell to his dark temptations and joined his cause. But the races of Fantasia would not go without a fight. A meeting war held and all decided that the threat of the Lich-King was greater than any grudges they may have had against one another and formed the Trinity, an alliance dedicated to stopping the army of darkness. For the first time, Men, Elves, and Dwarves marched side by side and took the fight to the Lich-King. An extensive campaign was waged, claiming millions of lives on both sides, until the war was decided at the Battle of Acheron.

The Trinity's leaders, King Gallant for Men, High King Olaran for Elves, and King Irondale for Dwarves, faced the Lich-King himself in battle. And they did the impossible. With a stroke of his sword, High King Olaran dealt the final blow to the Lich King, taking the overlord's head from his shoulders with a mighty stroke of his blade. The sight of their master's demise routed his armies and they fled back to Erebos. The threat of the Lich-King had been defeated.

The Elves erected a powerful spell to prevent the Heart's corruption from expanding beyond the borders of Erebos. Such a spell could only be maintained by Elf High Queen Windermere.

With the threat vanquished, their alliance need no longer exist. However, the Lich-King War had opened their eyes to horrors greater than themselves. A pact was made between the thre kings: should the Lich-King or another threat like him ever threaten Fantasia again, the three races will come together and form the Trinity once more to defeat them. An age of peace ensued, the Golden Age. The kingdoms flourished and soon, the threat of the Lich-King War was forgotten to time.

But with peace, came complacency. The Heart of Darkness still beats within Erebos. When Orc tribes begin to march on Fantasia once again, these are no mere raids. They are organized, disciplined, and far better armored than the common barbarians. Dragons, thought to have gone extinct, have been sighted in the skies once more. There is even word of a new threat called the Beastmen stalking the forests. Initially brushed off as isolated incidents, the frequency of these encounters soon become too great to ignore. This can only mean one thing.

The Lich-King has returned.

==========​

Hello, everyone, and welcome to my first request thread! As you can probably tell from my description, this is a very plot-extensive Princess X Knight roleplay. There is a main storyline, as well as some "side-quests" for our characters to get mixed up in, as well!

I am looking for someone to play the part of an outspoken, fiery, stubborn, confident princess to my level-headed, good-natured but exasperated knight. I know where this pairing ultimately ends up and would like to find a partner willing to undertake this journey with me!

But first, guidelines!
  • No god-modding. This is pretty obvious, no surprise there. If you don't have a habit of making your character invincible, we've already started on the right foot!
  • Good grammar. The occasional typo, I can handle. But to consistently mix up "they're", "their", "there", "then", and "than" does add up for me and it will begin to take me out of the roleplay when there's too many to ignore.
  • Consistency. I typically reply anywhere from multiple times a day, to daily, to weekly at the very latest. Any later, you'll get an advanced notice from me. It's not much to expect the same from you!
  • This is more of a subjective thing, but I prefer to use anime face claims over realistic face claims. It's just not something that meshes with me.
  • I am okay with smut, but this roleplay is story first and foremost, so if you're here looking to satisfy an urge, I'm afraid you're better off somewhere else.
  • I typically make a point to inform my partners if I need a mental break or if the roleplay just doesn't have my interest like it used to, and I hope that you can return that courtesy. If you ghost, I won't be particularly mad nor will I hold it against you if we happen to roleplay again, but I would like a notice and understand that I may be hesitant to roleplay with you in the future if you have a history of just leaving without a word.
  • I reserve the right to choose who I roleplay with. It is my thread, after all, and I'm sure this is an unspoken rule for plenty of others' threads, as well.
  • If you like to talk OOC, I'm absolutely for it! I like getting to know my partners a little bit before and as we're role-playing.
  • I'm a planner. I like to discuss character arcs, development, and growth rather than just do it all by the seat of my pants. Of course, I leave room for fun and how we get there is always free to discuss or even develop as we go, but the major plot beats are things I like to have.
  • I consider myself moderate to advanced. I prefer quality over quantity, of course. So long as your post advances the story and gives me something to work with, I'm not going to jump down your throat if it doesn't match my length. My posts are often lengthy because it has to establish a butt load since I'm GM and all!
Still with me? Great! Thanks for patiently reading through that diatribe! If you're interested, feel free to message me directly! I kindly ask that you refrain from commenting on this thread to keep it from getting cluttered.

Thank you for your time!